proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by sikokiller on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:19 pm

watch this it didnt take them long to go onto the wii hate subject, i timed it,
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/311?ch=2&sd=1

geez Jeff thanks for not defending nintendo you ass.

Awwwwww there still having a sook because nintendo didn't make there other franchises, god isn't that argument old now?
avatar
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Posts : 641
Reputation : 66
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 28
Location : Tasmania, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Static man2 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:51 pm

i hate michael pachter!! Mad

_________________
Let us die young or let us live forever!
avatar
Static man2
NES
NES

Posts : 367
Reputation : 61
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 23
Location : B.C

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:55 pm

I KNEW IT! Patcher WAS making lies and excuses about Wii HD, and thus my theory for the false Wii HD has been proven!

"Instead of 26 million Wiis wordwide, they could have sold 18-20 million." Tell me Patcher, what's wrong with this equation?

26 million worldwide < 18-20 million worldwide

Doesn't sound like Ninty needs to start over to me, even with "HD aside", as you said.

Patcher, I'm sorry, but you need to get fired for knowing NOTHING of Nintendo and the Wii. NOTHING!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Tomo-Murphy on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:14 am

They really need to start getting people in who actually know what they're talking about. Because when it comes to the Wii they really havn't got a clue !
avatar
Tomo-Murphy
GameBoy
GameBoy

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Dublin, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Jade789119 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:40 am

haha wow thats sad
avatar
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1127
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 24
Location : CaNaDa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Godwind on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:41 am

sikokiller wrote:watch this it didnt take them long to go onto the wii hate subject, i timed it,
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/311?ch=2&sd=1

geez Jeff thanks for not defending nintendo you ass.

Awwwwww there still having a sook because nintendo didn't make there other franchises, god isn't that argument old now?

It's not as if they were saying was not true.
The Conduit was a shitty game (Don't tell it's a good game, I am talking from an Objective point)
Madworld was designed for a niche audience (which sold better than Godhand, from the same developer that was in Clover Studios)
Dead Space Extraction, was a spin off of a game most people weren't interested in the first place.

Although I could name much better games that did come out such as Boom Blox: Bash Party, Little King's Story, Lost Winds 2, they aren't quite up there as ultra distictive titles. Especially when you consider how well Sony did this year.

In addition, I feel that Pachter was right what he said about the Wii. They launched a lot of their important titles so early on when these games easily could have used more polished to meet up to higher standards.

Metroid Prime 3- That could have used some online matches.

Super Paper Mario- That definently could have used some polish. What the fuck was up with that hampster wheel?

Mario Kart Wii- Definently not up to snub with Double Dash.

Why did they need to release these games in practically less than two years. If there was more spacing, it probably would have been better overall. If they had given these games a little more time waited to release them, I don't think anyone would be bitching, would they?

2009 has been a neglected year.

Jaques7Chef wrote:I KNEW IT! Patcher WAS making lies and excuses about Wii HD, and thus my theory for the false Wii HD has been proven!
Hardly. I think it was reasonable for a remade Wii to made. There has been more demand for HD lately with TVs getting much cheaper. Keep in mind there has so much buzz over a "Wii2" and "WiiHD" from forum users before hand. There is an obvious demand and interest for it. Also, how do you know Reggie isn't lying about WiiHD? Maybe they are just finalizing things up and will tell 3-6 months in advance.

Jaques7Chef wrote:
"Instead of 26 million Wiis wordwide, they could have sold 18-20 million." Tell me Patcher, what's wrong with this equation?

26 million worldwide < 18-20 million worldwide

Doesn't sound like Ninty needs to start over to me, even with "HD aside", as you said.

He said "If they had a chance to start over" they would have raised the price and try to sell less consoles and do casual price cuts. Take the following into consideration.
26 Million Wiis = $1,950,000,000 ($75 profit per a unit at $249.99)
18 Million Wiis = $1,950,000,000 ($108 profit per a unit at $282.99)
18 Million Wiis = $2,250,000,000 ($125 profit per a unit at $299.99)
Now does it look reasonable? Now does what Patcher said make sense to you?
As I have said, you need to get a bit smarter.
However, I will agree with you on one thing. I don't think Nintendo is going to release an HD console anytime soon. At best a reiteration of the Wii with an HDMI output.

Jaques7Chef wrote:Patcher, I'm sorry, but you need to get fired for knowing NOTHING of Nintendo and the Wii. NOTHING!
Given the fact that I was able to break down what Patcher said and back him up, I would say his pragmatism has won him far more credit than you have with your romantic ideas. Quit sucking that Nintendo cock.

He was probably right about how Nintendo released all their IPs too soon. If they paced out their IPs a little more and spaced it and released more of it in 2009 than in 2007, it probably would have done far better overall. Where as Sony had this huge explosion of incoming titles in 2009, where 2006 and 2007 was really weak.
Then you have Microsoft who seems to have paced themselves far better.
In 2006, you got Gears of Wars, Elder Scrolls IV, Tom Clancy's Shost Recon Warfighter.
In 2007, you got BioShock, Halo 3, Mass Effect.
In 2008, you got Braid, Gears of War 2, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, Left 4 Dead, Fable 2,
In 2009, You got GTA4: Lost and Damned, GTA4: Ballad of Gay Tony, Left 4 Dead 2, Shadow Complex, Halo 3: ODST
In addition, it pretty easy to look at 2009 for Microsoft much weaker than Sony.

Static man2 wrote:i hate michael pachter!! Mad

Congratulations, you formed an opinion.

Tomo-Murphy wrote:They really need to start getting people in who actually know what they're talking about. Because when it comes to the Wii they really havn't got a clue !

Like you have proven them wrong yet. Next time prove some research that says they are fucking up at the office.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Niclyk on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:45 am

I actually agree a little with them. It is like Nintendo is afraid to expand other titles than Mario and Metroid to the wii. What about all the other great franchises? i am currently looking more forward to the third party games coming out in 2010.

Niclyk
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 85
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Ciflit on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:42 am

God damn Godwind, you always disprove these guys before I get a chance. =P
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Tomo-Murphy on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Godwind wrote:
sikokiller wrote:watch this it didnt take them long to go onto the wii hate subject, i timed it,
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/311?ch=2&sd=1

geez Jeff thanks for not defending nintendo you ass.

Awwwwww there still having a sook because nintendo didn't make there other franchises, god isn't that argument old now?

It's not as if they were saying was not true.
The Conduit was a shitty game (Don't tell it's a good game, I am talking from an Objective point)
Madworld was designed for a niche audience (which sold better than Godhand, from the same developer that was in Clover Studios)
Dead Space Extraction, was a spin off of a game most people weren't interested in the first place.

Although I could name much better games that did come out such as Boom Blox: Bash Party, Little King's Story, Lost Winds 2, they aren't quite up there as ultra distictive titles. Especially when you consider how well Sony did this year.

In addition, I feel that Pachter was right what he said about the Wii. They launched a lot of their important titles so early on when these games easily could have used more polished to meet up to higher standards.

Metroid Prime 3- That could have used some online matches.

Super Paper Mario- That definently could have used some polish. What the fuck was up with that hampster wheel?

Mario Kart Wii- Definently not up to snub with Double Dash.

Why did they need to release these games in practically less than two years. If there was more spacing, it probably would have been better overall. If they had given these games a little more time waited to release them, I don't think anyone would be bitching, would they?

2009 has been a neglected year.

Jaques7Chef wrote:I KNEW IT! Patcher WAS making lies and excuses about Wii HD, and thus my theory for the false Wii HD has been proven!
Hardly. I think it was reasonable for a remade Wii to made. There has been more demand for HD lately with TVs getting much cheaper. Keep in mind there has so much buzz over a "Wii2" and "WiiHD" from forum users before hand. There is an obvious demand and interest for it. Also, how do you know Reggie isn't lying about WiiHD? Maybe they are just finalizing things up and will tell 3-6 months in advance.

Jaques7Chef wrote:
"Instead of 26 million Wiis wordwide, they could have sold 18-20 million." Tell me Patcher, what's wrong with this equation?

26 million worldwide < 18-20 million worldwide

Doesn't sound like Ninty needs to start over to me, even with "HD aside", as you said.

He said "If they had a chance to start over" they would have raised the price and try to sell less consoles and do casual price cuts. Take the following into consideration.
26 Million Wiis = $1,950,000,000 ($75 profit per a unit at $249.99)
18 Million Wiis = $1,950,000,000 ($108 profit per a unit at $282.99)
18 Million Wiis = $2,250,000,000 ($125 profit per a unit at $299.99)
Now does it look reasonable? Now does what Patcher said make sense to you?
As I have said, you need to get a bit smarter.
However, I will agree with you on one thing. I don't think Nintendo is going to release an HD console anytime soon. At best a reiteration of the Wii with an HDMI output.

Jaques7Chef wrote:Patcher, I'm sorry, but you need to get fired for knowing NOTHING of Nintendo and the Wii. NOTHING!
Given the fact that I was able to break down what Patcher said and back him up, I would say his pragmatism has won him far more credit than you have with your romantic ideas. Quit sucking that Nintendo cock.

He was probably right about how Nintendo released all their IPs too soon. If they paced out their IPs a little more and spaced it and released more of it in 2009 than in 2007, it probably would have done far better overall. Where as Sony had this huge explosion of incoming titles in 2009, where 2006 and 2007 was really weak.
Then you have Microsoft who seems to have paced themselves far better.
In 2006, you got Gears of Wars, Elder Scrolls IV, Tom Clancy's Shost Recon Warfighter.
In 2007, you got BioShock, Halo 3, Mass Effect.
In 2008, you got Braid, Gears of War 2, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, Left 4 Dead, Fable 2,
In 2009, You got GTA4: Lost and Damned, GTA4: Ballad of Gay Tony, Left 4 Dead 2, Shadow Complex, Halo 3: ODST
In addition, it pretty easy to look at 2009 for Microsoft much weaker than Sony.

Static man2 wrote:i hate michael pachter!! Mad

Congratulations, you formed an opinion.

Tomo-Murphy wrote:They really need to start getting people in who actually know what they're talking about. Because when it comes to the Wii they really havn't got a clue !

Like you have proven them wrong yet. Next time prove some research that says they are fucking up at the office.

You make some good points there. I can't argue with that. I tip my hat to you Smile
avatar
Tomo-Murphy
GameBoy
GameBoy

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Dublin, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 pm

You just keep on coming, don't you?

There has been more demand for HD lately with TVs getting much cheaper. Keep in mind there has so much buzz over a "Wii2" and "WiiHD" from forum users before hand. There is an obvious demand and interest for it.

Then apparently the same people who are creating the buzz about Wii HD are not entertained, happy, or satisfied enough with their 360s and PS3s, even though both can clearly do HD. Why would they want another HD console if they already have at least 1-2 HD consoles in their home? Same reason why the Wii did not feature DVD playback in the first place: because people already had DVD players in their homes from the statistics Nintendo's R&D department did. PS3 and 360 have DVD playback which already adds another 2 DVD players for however many that people have in their homes.

And people who own a Wii seem to not notice both in the Instruction Manual and in the Wii itself the "480p EDTV/HDTV" part in the Options Menu. Does it really make a difference as to what resolution HD is as long as it's HD? Most people don't even see the difference, yet they demand more HD on Wii. On G4, Mario Galaxy was shown running on a 720p emulator and people commented saying that they didn't notice a difference when compared to 480p, even side-by-side. Even sikokiller posted an article here on NSMB running on 720p and even he didn't notice a difference and neither did I.

He said "If they had a chance to start over" they would have raised the price and try to sell less consoles and do casual price cuts. Take the following into consideration.
26 Million Wiis = $1,950,000,000 ($75 profit per a unit at $249.99)
18 Million Wiis = $1,950,000,000 ($108 profit per a unit at $282.99)
18 Million Wiis = $2,250,000,000 ($125 profit per a unit at $299.99)
Now does it look reasonable? Now does what Patcher said make sense to you?

-I know that Patcher said that.
-Mathematically yes, it makes sense.
-But look at the bigger picture from a consumer standpoint today:
With the economy in its recession today where companies are shutting down and are at risk of inflation, and people losing their jobs, consumers are demanding high quality at a reasonable low price. At launch, the Wii cost $250 vs. 360 costing $400 and PS3 $600, which do you think consumers went for first? If Nintendo were to start over with a raised price of around $350-$400 instead of $250-$300 with the economy the way that's it's in today, it would have probably ended up like the PS3 being at the bottom. If Sony were the opposite where the PS3 would've started around the price of $300, it would've sold far above the Wii.

As I have said, you need to get a bit smarter. Given the fact that I was able to break down what Patcher said and back him up, I would say his pragmatism has won him far more credit than you have with your romantic ideas. Quit sucking that Nintendo cock.

Given the facts that:
1. As I have said before, you don't know me.
2. Not everyone interprets things, which includes facts, the same way as you do.
Does not mean I'm as "romantic" as you think I am. You assume that I'm always taking Nintendo's side to everything, which I don't.
For example, I don't think it was necessary for Nintendo to drop the price for the Wii because they were already the cheapest console to beign with. There was no point to that.

Plus, that last quote about Patcher being fired wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It was purely for fun and satire. Now who's taking the Internet seriously?


Last edited by Jaques7Chef on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Ciflit on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Really? Why do people want an HD Wii when they already have a 360 and PS3? Hmm, I don't know, probably to play Nintendo exclusive games in HD and to enhance their gaming experience. And I'm sorry if you can't notice the difference between HD and SD.

As for your second point, if you agree with the math, why argue it? Also, the video-game industry has been proven to be (almost) completely recession proof. Even at a higher price, the Wii would of still been inelastic, and the sales would of been even stronger profit wise.
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Mark_Chaos on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Oh no someone saying something bad about a company I like, how dare they. /sarcasm

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by MetaSmashBro on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:Oh no someone saying something bad about a company I like, how dare they. /sarcasm
*long, agonizing gasp* /sarcasm
avatar
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Posts : 607
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Godwind on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:50 pm

Niclyk wrote:I actually agree a little with them. It is like Nintendo is afraid to expand other titles than Mario and Metroid to the wii. What about all the other great franchises? i am currently looking more forward to the third party games coming out in 2010.

Generally speaking, the quality of their franchise is really well maintained which is why it takes a bit of time for a game to get released, although I feel these lately have felt rushed out. Probably because Nintendo hasn't been quite to par in terms of quality as would be expected to create games quicker.

Ciflit wrote:God damn Godwind, you always disprove these guys before I get a chance. =P

I have fun debunking the myths created by Fanboys. Seriously, I had a Sony fanboy tell me I have to frantically waggle in order to jump. I never had to waggle frantically to jump, even in games like de Blob where jumping was maped to the Wii remote for shaking.

Tomo-Murphy wrote:You make some good points there. I can't argue with that. I tip my hat to you Smile

Thank you sir.

Jaques7Chef wrote:You just keep on coming, don't you?

Haven't you learned, I almost always do.

Jaques7Chef wrote:
There has been more demand for HD lately with TVs getting much cheaper. Keep in mind there has so much buzz over a "Wii2" and "WiiHD" from forum users before hand. There is an obvious demand and interest for it.

Then apparently the same people who are creating the buzz about Wii HD are not entertained, happy, or satisfied enough with their 360s and PS3s, even though both can clearly do HD. Why would they want another HD console if they already have at least 1-2 HD consoles in their home? Same reason why the Wii did not feature DVD playback in the first place: because people already had DVD players in their homes from the statistics Nintendo's R&D department did. PS3 and 360 have DVD playback which already adds another 2 DVD players for however many that people have in their homes.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=Wii+HD&aq=f&aqi=g4g-c1g5&oq=&fp=5483bb45bcb244db

Given the fact there is a spark of interest from news outlets probable a sign of interest. If they enjoyed HD with those first two consoles, wouldn't they like the simliar with their other consoles.

Also, Nintendo decided not to add DVD playback because they didn't want to pay $10 per a console to have DVD playback added which is $10 less money they would have had. If it was free, I am sure they would have added it in the first place. They didn't do that research for shits and giggles. They paid money to have research done, to see whether the cost would justify adding the feature. Keep in mind, it would have still been a nice feature to have, especially considering that wii remote would have it a fun experience.

Jaques7Chef wrote:And people who own a Wii seem to not notice both in the Instruction Manual and in the Wii itself the "480p EDTV/HDTV" part in the Options Menu. Does it really make a difference as to what resolution HD is as long as it's HD? Most people don't even see the difference, yet they demand more HD on Wii. On G4, Mario Galaxy was shown running on a 720p emulator and people commented saying that they didn't notice a difference when compared to 480p, even side-by-side. Even sikokiller posted an article here on NSMB running on 720p and even he didn't notice a difference and neither did I.

Some people are not that visually in tuned to care about HD, which would include you guys. If the Wii did support HD at this point, it really wouldn't matter, because it would have to be upscaled. The major difference for HD is that you can fit more information on the screen than with Standard Definition. It would make images look a little smoother.

As for the options to the Wii "480P EDTV/HDTV", that has to do with using component cables. It does not have anything to with having a higher resolution. It is using progressive line scan.

Jaques7Chef wrote:

-But look at the bigger picture from a consumer standpoint today:
With the economy in its recession today where companies are shutting down and are at risk of inflation, and people losing their jobs, consumers are demanding high quality at a reasonable low price. At launch, the Wii cost $250 vs. 360 costing $400 and PS3 $600, which do you think consumers went for first? If Nintendo were to start over with a raised price of around $350-$400 instead of $250-$300 with the economy the way that's it's in today, it would have probably ended up like the PS3 being at the bottom. If Sony were the opposite where the PS3 would've started around the price of $300, it would've sold far above the Wii.
The Consumer's point of view of today?
We are talking about launch prices of 2006. We are not talking about 2009. In 2009, the Wii has a sku priced at $200, The Xbox360 has a sku of $200 and $300 and the PS3 has a sku of $300.
We are talking about hindsight.
In 2006, the Wii was at $250, the Xbox360 was $400, the PS3 was $600. Pachter was talking about if they had a chance to redo it, they would have had it at a higher price then drop the price later on which would have optimized Nintendo's profit from 2006 to 2009.
The recession of 2009 did not affect the economy of 2006. The economy of 2006 affected the economy of 2009. The reverse logic does not work. As I said fellow, not very bright guy are you?

Jaques7Chef wrote:
As I have said, you need to get a bit smarter. Given the fact that I was able to break down what Patcher said and back him up, I would say his pragmatism has won him far more credit than you have with your romantic ideas. Quit sucking that Nintendo cock.

Given the facts that:
1. As I have said before, you don't know me.
2. Not everyone interprets things, which includes facts, the same way as you do.
Does not mean I'm as "romantic" as you think I am. You assume that I'm always taking Nintendo's side to everything, which I don't.
For example, I don't think it was necessary for Nintendo to drop the price for the Wii because they were already the cheapest console to beign with. There was no point to that.

Plus, that last quote about Patcher being fired wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It was purely for fun and satire. Now who's taking the Internet seriously?

1) I am judging your ability to reason, which is what I have done.
2) How the fuck do you interpret "facts." You don't. You make speculations based on "facts." Given that we are bitching over "facts" is a little scary to me as facts are irrefutable. Interpret ambiguous information or statements, which is what is being done.
Even that I have to tell you, the Wii isn't even the cheapest console on the market. The Xbox360 has been cheaper than the Wii for awhile and that isn't even the cheapest console on the market. The cheapest console is the PS2, at $100.
Also being the cheapest isn't relevant to whether a price drop should occur. Demand is. The Gamecube and the Dreamcast were far cheaper than the PS2 starting $200 compared to the PS2 at $300. Both of those consoles were dead last.

As for the statement about Patcher not being fired, considering that you responded to my post, I am pretty sure you were serious. Your just pissed that I'm right.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:23 pm

I have fun debunking the myths created by Fanboys.

Oh, you mean like how Patcher created the whole myth and speculation thing of the whole "Nintendo creating a Wii HD" but apparently straight out said that he doesn't know a thing of what Nintendo is doing? Especially when I've been posting articles at least 3 times from G4, GameInformer, GameSpot, Gametrailers, and IGN interviews by Reggie himself confirming about 4-5 times that there is no Wii HD being created?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by RollingSilver on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:
I have fun debunking the myths created by Fanboys.

Oh, you mean like how Patcher created the whole myth and speculation thing of the whole "Nintendo creating a Wii HD" but apparently straight out said that he doesn't know a thing of what Nintendo is doing? Especially when I've been posting articles at least 3 times from G4, GameInformer, GameSpot, Gametrailers, and IGN interviews by Reggie himself confirming about 4-5 times that there is no Wii HD being created?

No Wii HD? Sure I guess, since Reggie's been saying that there isn't one in the making. But with so many repeated articles based on the thing, one can speculate that Nintendo has something up. Didn't Miyamoto state that he'll follow the current flow of tech somewhere along the line?

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/miyamoto-on-hd-graphics-nintendos-games-will-move-along-with-progression-of-technology/

Maybe this was where everything started to hit the fan even further. Hey, you never know what these guys got in store for us. And going back at all those Reggie articles, I don't think he's in any position to talk about what Nintendo has in store when nothing's official. He only talks when the head honchos in Japan say so, at least on the company's part.


Last edited by RollingSilver on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 264
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by SpaniardGamer on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:46 pm

RollingSilver wrote:
Jaques7Chef wrote:
I have fun debunking the myths created by Fanboys.

Oh, you mean like how Patcher created the whole myth and speculation thing of the whole "Nintendo creating a Wii HD" but apparently straight out said that he doesn't know a thing of what Nintendo is doing? Especially when I've been posting articles at least 3 times from G4, GameInformer, GameSpot, Gametrailers, and IGN interviews by Reggie himself confirming about 4-5 times that there is no Wii HD being created?

No Wii HD? Sure I guess, since Reggie's been saying that there isn't one in the making. But with so many repeated articles based on the thing, one can speculate that Nintendo has something up. Didn't Miyamoto state that he'll follow the current flow of tech somewhere along the line?

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/miyamoto-on-hd-graphics-nintendos-games-will-move-along-with-progression-of-technology/

Maybe this was where everything started to hit the fan even further. Hey, you never know what these guys got in store for us. And going back at all those Reggie vids, I don't think he's in any position to talk about what Nintendo has in store when nothing's official. He only talks when the head honchos in Japan say so, at least on the company's part.

Well, Miyamoto might have meant that the HD graphics will appear on the NEXT Nintendo console. Reggie has some position because he's head of Nintendo of America, meaning since he's head honcho; he can see if anything goes on in Nintendo in Japan with the R&D team. I doubt the Wii HD would ever happen, as much as I would like that idea. Patcher is, like Godwind said, pragmatic to stay with the whole Wii HD speculation.

Until 2010 arrives, we'll see if Patcher is truly right.
avatar
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

Posts : 533
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Miami, Florida

View user profile http://youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Godwind on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:24 pm

SpaniardGamer wrote:
RollingSilver wrote:
Jaques7Chef wrote:
I have fun debunking the myths created by Fanboys.

Oh, you mean like how Patcher created the whole myth and speculation thing of the whole "Nintendo creating a Wii HD" but apparently straight out said that he doesn't know a thing of what Nintendo is doing? Especially when I've been posting articles at least 3 times from G4, GameInformer, GameSpot, Gametrailers, and IGN interviews by Reggie himself confirming about 4-5 times that there is no Wii HD being created?

No Wii HD? Sure I guess, since Reggie's been saying that there isn't one in the making. But with so many repeated articles based on the thing, one can speculate that Nintendo has something up. Didn't Miyamoto state that he'll follow the current flow of tech somewhere along the line?

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/miyamoto-on-hd-graphics-nintendos-games-will-move-along-with-progression-of-technology/

Maybe this was where everything started to hit the fan even further. Hey, you never know what these guys got in store for us. And going back at all those Reggie vids, I don't think he's in any position to talk about what Nintendo has in store when nothing's official. He only talks when the head honchos in Japan say so, at least on the company's part.

Well, Miyamoto might have meant that the HD graphics will appear on the NEXT Nintendo console. Reggie has some position because he's head of Nintendo of America, meaning since he's head honcho; he can see if anything goes on in Nintendo in Japan with the R&D team. I doubt the Wii HD would ever happen, as much as I would like that idea. Patcher is, like Godwind said, pragmatic to stay with the whole Wii HD speculation.

Until 2010 arrives, we'll see if Patcher is truly right.

I doubt the Wii HD will come in 2010. Just a gut feeling.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by RollingSilver on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Exactly my thoughts. If it's not Wii HD, it'll probably be called something else. And it won't be in 2010 since this gen isn't over. Half maybe? Ah hell, let's wait and see.

Nintendo's going to release a monster (*exaggeration*) next-gen.
avatar
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 264
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Static man2 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:54 pm

Godwind wrote:
Static man2 wrote:i hate michael pachter!! Mad

Congratulations, you formed an opinion.
oh ok, sorry didn't know i wasnt allowed an opinon why dont u just "own" me with facts. you make me laugh!

_________________
Let us die young or let us live forever!
avatar
Static man2
NES
NES

Posts : 367
Reputation : 61
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 23
Location : B.C

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by darkwingdragon709 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:46 am

wow...for once me and godwind had the same thoughts. i had to agree with what was said on that vid, except for what the obvious sony dick sucker said about the wii i found to be either untrue, uninformed, or just plain false. but i totally agreed with what was said about ninte launchin too many AAA and AA hits all in the same year not bein the best move. sure we all where happy, but thats cause i'm sure we thought a lot more would come either from 3rd parties, and i'm sure we all where expectin a new starfox, kirby, and pikmin to come to last us 2008-09. but for some reason ninte is ignorin thier other franchises, and EVERY 3rd party don't seem to understand why the wii should host thier AAA games alongside the HD consoles instead of makin up bogus excuses simply cause they don't wanna support the system and instead make second rate games or spin-offs no one cares about leavin the wii high and dry.

i honestly think these journalists need to stop lookin upside nintendo's head for software problems and focus on the wii's real problem...these so called game devs who claim that they're 100% behind the wii. why they think the other consoles are doin good, it certainly not due to 1st party games cause we all know outside of a handfull they don't offer much. its all cause the 3rd parties are completely behind the 360/ps3 with a slew of thier flagship AAA and AA titles which last consumers long enough till thier next big hit is launched...the wii doesn't have that support, which makes the 2-3 year wait for the next ninte game last longer, and makes the console look like it lacks games. and if that ain't bad enough, the same 3rd parties load its shelves up with crap, 2 year old ports, or unwanted spin-offs/second rate games...then have the nerve to complain about low sales. all of this ain't ninte's fault, its always been the 3rd party devs. nintendo has been doin thier job, its just that some of these idiots expect ninte to pop out a AAA games every month which both askin too much, and is just plain stupid. and i think this "wiiHD" thing is a load of myth and wishful thinkin...not to say that i wouldn't want a more graphically capable wii(if for anything to make 3rd party devs stop whinin about its graphical limits and FREAKIN makes real mainstream titles for the wii) with a harddrive, i just don't see ninte totally redesignin a console both inside and out, makin it more powerful then forcin everyone to rebuy it for $300.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Posts : 443
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Tomo-Murphy on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:33 am

To be honest, I think there could be a tiny bit of truth to the Wii HD rumour. Where else can they go with it ? ? Yes, there are some other things that they could throw in and others that they could take out (friend codes !), but I think a HD Wii could be the next step.
avatar
Tomo-Murphy
GameBoy
GameBoy

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Dublin, Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by BIGBMH on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:53 pm

"I've never been this unexcited for a Zelda game"
Come on. The only thing we have is a single picture.
2 years of nothing? 2008: Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Warioland Shake it
2009: New Super Mario Bros Wii, Muramasa, Conduit, Madworld, Deadspace Extraction, Darkside Chronicles, House of The Dead overkill, Excitebots, Debut of motion plus with Wii Sports Resort, Tiger Woods, Grand Slam tennis
"Did you just site the Conduit" Yes, it may not be a great game, but it's fun. Not every game that came out on PS3 and 360 was amazing so why would the Conduit not be mention worthy?. I, for one, find the Conduit to be more fun than Left 4 Dead (which I have played)
"A 2D Mario" Heck yes a 2D Mario. Way to write off one of the best games of the year without playing it.
While 2009 did not see the release of a huge Nintendo game, it was still a pretty solid year. Like one guy said, why are they blaming Nintendo for 3rd parties deciding not to make Wii games.
Wii HD? I doubt it. At least not in 2010. They've already said they wouldn't release a new Wii just with HD capabilities. If there is a new Wii, it would probably have more memory if anything. They would make it black or silver to set it apart. HD is a possibility, but I don't think it would really make that much difference. The graphics capabilities would be the same.
Wii HD? Not

BIGBMH
GameBoy
GameBoy

Posts : 31
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by sikokiller on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Godwind wrote:
sikokiller wrote:watch this it didnt take them long to go onto the wii hate subject, i timed it,
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/311?ch=2&sd=1

geez Jeff thanks for not defending nintendo you ass.

Awwwwww there still having a sook because nintendo didn't make there other franchises, god isn't that argument old now?

It's not as if they were saying was not true.
The Conduit was a shitty game (Don't tell it's a good game, I am talking from an Objective point)
Madworld was designed for a niche audience (which sold better than Godhand, from the same developer that was in Clover Studios)
Dead Space Extraction, was a spin off of a game most people weren't interested in the first place.

Although I could name much better games that did come out such as Boom Blox: Bash Party, Little King's Story, Lost Winds 2, they aren't quite up there as ultra distictive titles. Especially when you consider how well Sony did this year.

In addition, I feel that Pachter was right what he said about the Wii. They launched a lot of their important titles so early on when these games easily could have used more polished to meet up to higher standards.

Metroid Prime 3- That could have used some online matches.

Super Paper Mario- That definently could have used some polish. What the fuck was up with that hampster wheel?

Mario Kart Wii- Definently not up to snub with Double Dash.

Why did they need to release these games in practically less than two years. If there was more spacing, it probably would have been better overall. If they had given these games a little more time waited to release them, I don't think anyone would be bitching, would they?

2009 has been a neglected year.

Jaques7Chef wrote:I KNEW IT! Patcher WAS making lies and excuses about Wii HD, and thus my theory for the false Wii HD has been proven!
Hardly. I think it was reasonable for a remade Wii to made. There has been more demand for HD lately with TVs getting much cheaper. Keep in mind there has so much buzz over a "Wii2" and "WiiHD" from forum users before hand. There is an obvious demand and interest for it. Also, how do you know Reggie isn't lying about WiiHD? Maybe they are just finalizing things up and will tell 3-6 months in advance.

Jaques7Chef wrote:
"Instead of 26 million Wiis wordwide, they could have sold 18-20 million." Tell me Patcher, what's wrong with this equation?

26 million worldwide < 18-20 million worldwide

Doesn't sound like Ninty needs to start over to me, even with "HD aside", as you said.

He said "If they had a chance to start over" they would have raised the price and try to sell less consoles and do casual price cuts. Take the following into consideration.
26 Million Wiis = $1,950,000,000 ($75 profit per a unit at $249.99)
18 Million Wiis = $1,950,000,000 ($108 profit per a unit at $282.99)
18 Million Wiis = $2,250,000,000 ($125 profit per a unit at $299.99)
Now does it look reasonable? Now does what Patcher said make sense to you?
As I have said, you need to get a bit smarter.
However, I will agree with you on one thing. I don't think Nintendo is going to release an HD console anytime soon. At best a reiteration of the Wii with an HDMI output.

Jaques7Chef wrote:Patcher, I'm sorry, but you need to get fired for knowing NOTHING of Nintendo and the Wii. NOTHING!
Given the fact that I was able to break down what Patcher said and back him up, I would say his pragmatism has won him far more credit than you have with your romantic ideas. Quit sucking that Nintendo cock.

He was probably right about how Nintendo released all their IPs too soon. If they paced out their IPs a little more and spaced it and released more of it in 2009 than in 2007, it probably would have done far better overall. Where as Sony had this huge explosion of incoming titles in 2009, where 2006 and 2007 was really weak.
Then you have Microsoft who seems to have paced themselves far better.
In 2006, you got Gears of Wars, Elder Scrolls IV, Tom Clancy's Shost Recon Warfighter.
In 2007, you got BioShock, Halo 3, Mass Effect.
In 2008, you got Braid, Gears of War 2, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, Left 4 Dead, Fable 2,
In 2009, You got GTA4: Lost and Damned, GTA4: Ballad of Gay Tony, Left 4 Dead 2, Shadow Complex, Halo 3: ODST
In addition, it pretty easy to look at 2009 for Microsoft much weaker than Sony.

Static man2 wrote:i hate michael pachter!! Mad

Congratulations, you formed an opinion.

Tomo-Murphy wrote:They really need to start getting people in who actually know what they're talking about. Because when it comes to the Wii they really havn't got a clue !

Like you have proven them wrong yet. Next time prove some research that says they are fucking up at the office.

yeah i don't care everything else they said i just feel more insulted by one of those guys calling new super mario bros wii a 100% casual game when it was catered to the core audience for 20 years... its everybody's game,

oh whats wrong with people saying they like the conduit? have you got a problem with that?


Last edited by sikokiller on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Posts : 641
Reputation : 66
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 28
Location : Tasmania, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Jade789119 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:56 am

did we need proof of this lol? they always have been like this lol
avatar
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1127
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 24
Location : CaNaDa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: proof that game journalists are assholes on the wii

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum