R.I.P Rareware

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

R.I.P Rareware

Post by Jakester12621 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:05 am

Such a shame...Rare come back to Nintendo! Your games have been messed up since Microsoft bought you! This video sums it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU2wtbDVOsw
avatar
Jakester12621
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 128
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Texas

View user profile http://Youtube.com/user/Jakester12621

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by snaredrums123 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:52 am

they still make ds games, because microsoft doesn't care.

_________________
avatar
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Posts : 717
Reputation : 69
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : WONDERLAND

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by itsBarbz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:47 pm

Seriously...Rare sucks now. Exibit 1: Nuts and Bolts
avatar
itsBarbz
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 224
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.itsBarbz.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Ciflit on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:48 pm

itsBarbz wrote:Seriously...Rare sucks now. Exibit 1: Nuts and Bolts
Come on now, let's be fair. Nuts and Bolts was a good game, not great but nothing is wrong with it. I had ton of fun with it. It also got good reviews, just because it's not a collect-a-thon platformer doesn't mean it's a bad game.
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Jakester12621 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:56 pm

They care about vehicles more than platforming!
avatar
Jakester12621
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 128
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Texas

View user profile http://Youtube.com/user/Jakester12621

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Ciflit on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:58 pm

Jakester12621 wrote:They care about vehicles more than platforming!
And the vehicles are fun. They wanted a vehicle game not a platformer game, to not like it just because it's a different genre than you want is completely unfair.
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Jakester12621 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Well then Rare should of just made a different series. They should of made something new instead of getting Banjo. Cause Banjo has never been about vehicles.


p.s. your signature is awesome.
avatar
Jakester12621
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 128
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Texas

View user profile http://Youtube.com/user/Jakester12621

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Jakester12621 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:03 pm

What I'm saying is the idea would be cool if it wasn't a Banjo game.
avatar
Jakester12621
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 128
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Texas

View user profile http://Youtube.com/user/Jakester12621

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Mark_Chaos on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:04 pm

Ciflit wrote:
Jakester12621 wrote:They care about vehicles more than platforming!
And the vehicles are fun. They wanted a vehicle game not a platformer game, to not like it just because it's a different genre than you want is completely unfair.

They went off from the original is the problem. When a sequel comes along it should be the same genre as the first game it follows, with a few fixes in or there, and having at least something new.

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by itsBarbz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:08 pm

They really should have made Nuts and Bolts a different game. Come on...You can't seriously tell me that this reminds you of Banjo and Kazooie. It's nothing what the fans want.
avatar
itsBarbz
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 224
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.itsBarbz.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Jakester12621 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:11 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:
Ciflit wrote:
Jakester12621 wrote:They care about vehicles more than platforming!
And the vehicles are fun. They wanted a vehicle game not a platformer game, to not like it just because it's a different genre than you want is completely unfair.

They went off from the original is the problem. When a sequel comes along it should be the same genre as the first game it follows, with a few fixes in or there, and having at least something new.

Agreed

I'm still let down on the fact that Microsoft won't let Rare make another Conker game...
avatar
Jakester12621
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 128
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Texas

View user profile http://Youtube.com/user/Jakester12621

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by itsBarbz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:13 pm

Conker = THE BEST


nuff said
avatar
itsBarbz
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 224
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.itsBarbz.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Ciflit on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:14 pm

itsBarbz wrote:They really should have made Nuts and Bolts a different game. Come on...You can't seriously tell me that this reminds you of Banjo and Kazooie. It's nothing what the fans want.
I know this is not what the fans want, but what I'm saying is that doesn't mean it's a bad game. If it was a new character instead of Banjo, would you of liked it? Besides, Banjo Land reminded me of Banjo. =P
Basically what I'm saying is, you can't say a game is bad just because you would of preferred it as a platformer. I would preferred it as a platformer, but it doesn't mean I don't like this game, you know?
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by itsBarbz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Actually you kind of can. First of all...if it WASN'T part of the Banjo series...I would not have bought it, nor would I have cared about it. The Banjo series is about adventure, not....vehicles? Seriously? Building and racing vehicles? In a Banjo game? Wtf??? Seriously...this game should NOT be part of the series, thus making it a bad game. If wasnt a Banjo game, it would be a different story....
avatar
itsBarbz
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 224
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.itsBarbz.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Jakester12621 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Ciflit wrote:
itsBarbz wrote:They really should have made Nuts and Bolts a different game. Come on...You can't seriously tell me that this reminds you of Banjo and Kazooie. It's nothing what the fans want.
I know this is not what the fans want, but what I'm saying is that doesn't mean it's a bad game. If it was a new character instead of Banjo, would you of liked it? Besides, Banjo Land reminded me of Banjo. =P
Basically what I'm saying is, you can't say a game is bad just because you would of preferred it as a platformer. I would preferred it as a platformer, but it doesn't mean I don't like this game, you know?

I agree and yes I would like this game more if it was a different character besides Banjo.
avatar
Jakester12621
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 128
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Texas

View user profile http://Youtube.com/user/Jakester12621

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Ciflit on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:26 pm

itsBarbz wrote:Actually you kind of can. First of all...if it WASN'T part of the Banjo series...I would not have bought it, nor would I have cared about it. The Banjo series is about adventure, not....vehicles? Seriously? Building and racing vehicles? In a Banjo game? Wtf??? Seriously...this game should NOT be part of the series, thus making it a bad game. If wasnt a Banjo game, it would be a different story....
It's a good game. Look at any review of it. Honestly. IGN gave a good review, G4 gave a good review, ect. It's a good game, and honestly, have you even played it? Your argument is stupid and sounds more like a fan-boy complaint than anything else. Saying a game is bad because it's not like the originals is just completely illogical! Mario Kart is nothing like original Mario, but it's a good game. But, unlike N&B people like it. Why? Because it's a good game. So is N&B, it's something different done well. Why it's different for B&K than almost any other franchise that has tried something different is beyond me. A good game, shouldn't be treated as a bad game, because of it's franchise. Same as a bad game shouldn't be treated as a good game because of it's franchise.
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by itsBarbz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Ok, first of all, you're calling me illogical for having an opinion? Ummm...ok? Heres what I think...I...Do NOT...like the game...Do you understand this so far?
I do NOT...like the gameplay. I do NOT...like the idea of taking the Banjo characters, and plopping them in with vehicles....It just doesnt work....Is that ok? It's called an opinion buddy. Don't call me illogical because I dont like a game....And yes....OBVIOUSLY I have and played the game being that I said if it WASN'T part of the Banjo series...I would not have bought it, nor would I have cared about it.. So yea....Learn to respect an opinion.
avatar
itsBarbz
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 224
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.itsBarbz.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Mark_Chaos on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Ciflit wrote:It's a good game. Look at any review of it. Honestly. IGN gave a good review, G4 gave a good review, ect. It's a good game, and honestly, have you even played it? Your argument is stupid and sounds more like a fan-boy complaint than anything else. Saying a game is bad because it's not like the originals is just completely illogical! Mario Kart is nothing like original Mario, but it's a good game.
Now hold on there pilgrim, Mario Kart is a spin-off series, not a sequel. First off, to help your argument, know the difference between a main series game and spin-off series game.

Ciflit wrote:But, unlike N&B people like it. Why? Because it's a good game. So is N&B, it's something different done well. Why it's different for B&K than almost any other franchise that has tried something different is beyond me. A good game, shouldn't be treated as a bad game, because of it's franchise. Same as a bad game shouldn't be treated as a good game because of it's franchise.

I see what you're getting at, as a solo game it's fine, but as a sequel, it was bad. It's like Super Mario Sunshine, bad Mario game but good game by itself.

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Jakester12621 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Mario Kart is a Mario spin-off. That's different. No I don't think Nuts & Bolts is bad. But I'm disappointed that it turned away from the originals. Long story short, I just think a Banjo game with building and racing cars is stupid.
avatar
Jakester12621
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 128
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Texas

View user profile http://Youtube.com/user/Jakester12621

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Jakester12621 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Y'all stop fighting! DX

Very Happy
avatar
Jakester12621
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 128
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Texas

View user profile http://Youtube.com/user/Jakester12621

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Ciflit on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Exactly, treat a game as a game, not as a sequel. And TBH I only said Mario Kart 'cause I couldn't think of an example at the time. ^^;

Edit: Also, I was debating, it's only arguing if someone starts yelling. *Looks at previous posts*
Err, never-mind. =P
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by itsBarbz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Exactly....Totally agree with those 2 posts above me
avatar
itsBarbz
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 224
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.itsBarbz.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by itsBarbz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:38 pm

Ciflit wrote:Exactly, treat a game as a game, not as a sequel. And TBH I only said Mario Kart 'cause I couldn't think of an example at the time. ^^;

Edit: Also, I was debating, it's only arguing if someone starts yelling. *Looks at previous posts*
Err, never-mind. =P

That's kind of hard to do being that the game is ment to be a sequel (that failed). Ok, lets just end this lol...
avatar
itsBarbz
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 224
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.itsBarbz.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Ciflit on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:39 pm

itsBarbz wrote:
Ciflit wrote:Exactly, treat a game as a game, not as a sequel. And TBH I only said Mario Kart 'cause I couldn't think of an example at the time. ^^;

Edit: Also, I was debating, it's only arguing if someone starts yelling. *Looks at previous posts*
Err, never-mind. =P

That's kind of hard to do being that the game is ment to be a sequel (that failed). Ok, lets just end this lol...
Good game, bad Banjo game. That's what i'll leave it at.
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Mark_Chaos on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:40 pm

Ciflit wrote:Good game, bad Banjo game. That's what i'll leave it at.
Agreed.

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Rareware

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum