Mass Effect 2

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:54 am

FaytSaratome wrote:-face palm- Go play a real RPG like FFVI, than you will comeback and say that Mass Effect 2 had hardly any RPG elements.

Dude,You DIDNT even define RPG correctly before.

The definitiion for RPG is Role Playing Game.That's all

Role Playing Game's cant be very different and unique.

You only listed a certain type of role playing
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:55 am

You do know that is just what RPG stand for, and not the definition of the genre.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:03 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:You do know that is just what RPG stand for, and not the definition of the genre.

And RPG is a game of the Genre.In RPG's you Role play.I just told you what Role playing is.

Just like in FPS.In FPS,you shoot in first person.That make's it a FPS
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:04 pm

No you just told me what RPG stood for.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:07 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:No you just told me what RPG stood for.

Role PLAYING GAME.

And what do you do in an RPG?Role Play.

And Role Playing can be many different thing's.

Just proved you wrong.Cya.
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:07 pm

By that then EVERY GAME EVER MADE, almost, could be an RPG.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:09 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:By that then EVERY GAME EVER MADE, almost, could be an RPG.

Lol,you are such a moron.

go look up Mass Effect,FF and any other RPG's ive said.Wikipedia/Gamespot/IGn/Gamestop will all say there RPG's
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 pm

yes I know. But I don't care what they say I care what the game mechanics are like.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by I_am_ainz on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:46 am

FaytSaratome wrote:I did...it doesn't change the basic system which is that of a third person shooter. Only thing RPG it had was the story dept and party. But all honesty I used the same two party members the whole game play. You can't do that in an RPG most of the times.

you couldnt of use the same people all the time because at one point you only get two members and to build your team you have to use different members cox each one has strength and weakness.
avatar
I_am_ainz
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 94
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:47 am

I_am_ainz wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:I did...it doesn't change the basic system which is that of a third person shooter. Only thing RPG it had was the story dept and party. But all honesty I used the same two party members the whole game play. You can't do that in an RPG most of the times.

you couldnt of use the same people all the time because at one point you only get two members and to build your team you have to use different members cox each one has strength and weakness.
No I used Zaeed and Garrus the whole time.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by TheRighteousFascist on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:03 am

I think Fayt is saying that he felt that Mass Effect 2 was dumbed down and feels more like a third-person shooter to him more than an RPG. I don't consider Borderlands to be an RPG.

What's wrong with that? I think for the people who love to micromanage, BioWare left them high and dry with Mass Effect 2. Or so I've heard.
avatar
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Posts : 540
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30
Age : 22
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Gyoza on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:29 am

Arbiteris#2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:By that then EVERY GAME EVER MADE, almost, could be an RPG.

Lol,you are such a moron.

go look up Mass Effect,FF and any other RPG's ive said.Wikipedia/Gamespot/IGn/Gamestop will all say there RPG's

Actually Fayt is right Arby
avatar
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1773
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Philadelphia, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:06 pm

TheRighteousFascist wrote:I think Fayt is saying that he felt that Mass Effect 2 was dumbed down and feels more like a third-person shooter to him more than an RPG. I don't consider Borderlands to be an RPG.

What's wrong with that? I think for the people who love to micromanage, BioWare left them high and dry with Mass Effect 2. Or so I've heard.
yes, yes I did.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Mass Effect 2 has AS MUCH rpg element's as ME1,if not more.The diference is,Mass Effect 2 has a better combat system which the fans complained about ME1's combat system.

ME2 is as much of an RPG as ME1
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Arbiteris#2 wrote:Mass Effect 2 has AS MUCH rpg element's as ME1,if not more.The diference is,Mass Effect 2 has a better combat system which the fans complained about ME1's combat system.

ME2 is as much of an RPG as ME1
Booshit.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:45 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:Mass Effect 2 has AS MUCH rpg element's as ME1,if not more.The diference is,Mass Effect 2 has a better combat system which the fans complained about ME1's combat system.

ME2 is as much of an RPG as ME1
Booshit.

But it's true

Tell me what RPG element's they took out
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Arbiteris#2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:Mass Effect 2 has AS MUCH rpg element's as ME1,if not more.The diference is,Mass Effect 2 has a better combat system which the fans complained about ME1's combat system.

ME2 is as much of an RPG as ME1
Booshit.

But it's true

Tell me what RPG element's they took out
Almost everything. Please go play a real RPG. Like Dragon Quest or Chrono trigger.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:50 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:Mass Effect 2 has AS MUCH rpg element's as ME1,if not more.The diference is,Mass Effect 2 has a better combat system which the fans complained about ME1's combat system.

ME2 is as much of an RPG as ME1
Booshit.

But it's true

Tell me what RPG element's they took out
Almost everything. Please go play a real RPG. Like Dragon Quest or Chrono trigger.

"almost Everything" LMAO

Can you please explain what that "everything" is?
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Arbiteris#2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:Mass Effect 2 has AS MUCH rpg element's as ME1,if not more.The diference is,Mass Effect 2 has a better combat system which the fans complained about ME1's combat system.

ME2 is as much of an RPG as ME1
Booshit.

But it's true

Tell me what RPG element's they took out
Almost everything. Please go play a real RPG. Like Dragon Quest or Chrono trigger.

"almost Everything" LMAO

Can you please explain what that "everything" is?
The whole RPG genre?

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:55 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:Mass Effect 2 has AS MUCH rpg element's as ME1,if not more.The diference is,Mass Effect 2 has a better combat system which the fans complained about ME1's combat system.

ME2 is as much of an RPG as ME1
Booshit.

But it's true

Tell me what RPG element's they took out
Almost everything. Please go play a real RPG. Like Dragon Quest or Chrono trigger.

"almost Everything" LMAO

Can you please explain what that "everything" is?
The whole RPG genre?

Ah see,now your avoiding my question

Answer my question properly
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Arbiteris#2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:Mass Effect 2 has AS MUCH rpg element's as ME1,if not more.The diference is,Mass Effect 2 has a better combat system which the fans complained about ME1's combat system.

ME2 is as much of an RPG as ME1
Booshit.

But it's true

Tell me what RPG element's they took out
Almost everything. Please go play a real RPG. Like Dragon Quest or Chrono trigger.

"almost Everything" LMAO

Can you please explain what that "everything" is?
The whole RPG genre?

Ah see,now your avoiding my question

Answer my question properly
I did answer it. It took out the RPG genre. It was only a third person shooter. Nothing RPG remotely was in that game.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Still avoiding it.

For the 4th time,list what RPG element's they took out.Cause Me1 was an RPG and ME2 took out none of those RPG element's.

If your saying ME2 isnt an RPG,then your saying dME1,Dragon Age,Jade Empire and Both KOTOR's arent RPG's.
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by FaytSaratome on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Arbiteris#2 wrote:Still avoiding it.

For the 4th time,list what RPG element's they took out.Cause Me1 was an RPG and ME2 took out none of those RPG element's.

If your saying ME2 isnt an RPG,then your saying dME1,Dragon Age,Jade Empire and Both KOTOR's arent RPG's.
I'm an RPG fanboy, I know what an RPG is. I don't like being tricked into thinking something is an RPG when it really is just a third person shooter with slight rpg elements. KOTOR at least had stats which affected your character. it at least had the requirements to be called an RPG. ME2 barely had any. It had no stats, leveling didn't matter, your party didn't matter, classes was the most useless thing in the game. No matter what class I picked it didn't affect my gameplay style.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:09 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Arbiteris#2 wrote:Still avoiding it.

For the 4th time,list what RPG element's they took out.Cause Me1 was an RPG and ME2 took out none of those RPG element's.

If your saying ME2 isnt an RPG,then your saying dME1,Dragon Age,Jade Empire and Both KOTOR's arent RPG's.
I'm an RPG fanboy, I know what an RPG is. I don't like being tricked into thinking something is an RPG when it really is just a third person shooter with slight rpg elements. KOTOR at least had stats which affected your character. it at least had the requirements to be called an RPG. ME2 barely had any. It had no stats, leveling didn't matter, your party didn't matter, classes was the most useless thing in the game. No matter what class I picked it didn't affect my gameplay style.

Play the game on hardest difficulty,leveling up in ME2 is very important then.Expecially if your a Biotech,trust me

Your party never matter's in ANY RPG ive played(western RPG atleast)

Heck,you dont even need partner's to be an RPG,Just look at TES
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Arbiteris#2 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Honestly,it sound's like your more used to JRPG than WRPG,both have very different game mechanics
avatar
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 216
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum