Reply to Spartan v07's "arguements" (since i can't directly reply to it)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reply to Spartan v07's "arguements" (since i can't directly reply to it)

Post by Permafry_42 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:29 pm

since i have a brain, i will always be giving 360 a fair chance. i follow whats going on with 360 on IGN and Gamespot, and i read what 360 fanboys and fangirls say around the net (including xboxrepublic). Since a category called "console wars" usually is where a forum would make its best arguments for why the console they like is best. However, as i have shown elsewhere, this is not the case with xboxrepublic.

More memorably, a certain fanboy (or girl for all i know) named Spartan v07, made one of the best quotes ever:
And you can change battery packs,for ps3 you must throw the controller away whenever the battery runs out.

give your self a moment just to think how stupid this person must be to say something that ignorant.

now after coming back (i notice MLD took down the posts), i found another post that was headed "PS3 sucks and here is why". I clicked on it, and i got this post: http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net/the-console-war-f1/ps3-sucks-and-here-is-why-t116.htm

in response, i write the following:

Games- Most of the games have no soul or identity. They seem to try to be like xbox games but they aren't.

First off, PS3 games aren't trying to be 360 games. PS3 games are trying to be PS3 games (just like 360 games are trying to be 360 games). second, they have no soul or identity? what the hell are you are you talking about? i could go on about how they are video games and not living animal, and that is why all video games are life less (no mater if it's super mario galaxy, uncharted, halo 3, or any other game), but i would sound like an idiot, since "Most of the games have no soul or identity" is just some of the stupidest garbage i've read.

anyways, notice she doesn't mention real facts (like ps3 has better exclusives than 360, or 360 has better multiplats then PS3.)

Next,
online- online fucking sucks. Most people don't have mics or talk. Also every server is separate and not unified like xbox. It has inconsistency features like some games have good features and some don't. "psn" sucks period.

first off, i agree that PSN isn't as good as XBL. XBL is better, and i freely admit it. however, it does not suck. like you said "some games have good features". ironic that immediately afterwords you say psn sucks period. "Also every server is separate and not unified like xbox." if you knew anything like you say you do, you would know that dedicated servers are better than P2P server. i won't bother saying why, since many other people have already said why dedicated servers are better than P2P servers.

next,
Forced installs- the worst thing ever. since blu-ray is slow as hell they have forced installs to make the speed on par with the so called "inferior" dvd. Most of the games have forced installs that range from 1-5 gigs,your hdd will be full very soon and you are forced to either buy a bigger hdd or delete the games but then you cant go back to play them without installing it back and forth.

first off, know that there are now some games for the 360 that have mandatory installs if you want the whole game. second, i agree they suck. third, dvds are inferior. they hold an average of about 12 gb. blueray holds an average of 50gb (there's even one in development with 400GB! imagine how much longer of a game could be on 400gb! is there a dvd with 400GB? no.) blueray can hold HD movies as well. can most dvds hold most hd movies? no. and besides. 120 gb HDD is not enough for some people anyways (500gb for about $100 is much cheaper than most xbox 360 HDDs). besides, the people who think 120gb are enough are usually the same people who only get about 3-10 games a year for 1 console.

next:
Controller-it sucks,the handles are too short and the analogs feel cheap and very loose. The "triggers" suck and the analogs make your thumbs slip since it's not concave like 360.
yet the headset is blue tooth, which is HD sound quality, unlike the 360 headset. to me, the controllers are about the same. i do agree that the convex control sticks on the 360 are better than the convex control sticks on the ps3. however, the PS controller is the ps controller. the trigger may be a bit harder to use, but other than the triggers and the control sticks, the controllers are the same in design (unless you're nitpick enough to complain about colour.)

next: "Interface-xmb is ok but other things are terrible. Just click on someone's profile and see what i mean. Everything looks amateur and thrown right away instead of putting thought into it. Profiles are big and ugly with some weird clear line half way of your avatar and it looks generic overall. They even made the friend list look worst than it already was. Also when a friend signs in you get some ugly generic gray bar which is just plain ugly."

xmb is same, though maybe a tad more easy to use the XBL interface. i'm glad you at least think it is ok. however, calling out stuff as unimportant as profiles and and boxes is just pathetic. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and using your opinions as facts is just plain weak. i think the gray box that comes up when someone comes on line is stupid too, but i don't use it as a main argument. just show that you starting to run out of proper arguments.

finally, you talk about multiplatforms. the fact is that almost every multiplatform is better on the PC. if you mean it's better on the 360 than on the PS3, then fine. that's at least a proper argument. and if you think that a console is about it's multiplatforms and online, then feel free to enjoy the 360. because it's the exclusive software and hardware that determine the consoles quality; not the online or multiplatforms.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2984-2234

Steam: Palesun (under Permafry_42)

Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reply to Spartan v07's "arguements" (since i can't directly reply to it)

Post by Deathslizer on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Just tell em the 360s a poor man's pc ... enough said and a lot of time saved ..

Deathslizer
GameBoy
GameBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:34 am

Deathslizer wrote:Just tell em the 360s a poor man's pc ... enough said and a lot of time saved ..

i wasn't hating on the 360; i was telling the facts about ps3

Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathslizer on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:37 am

Well you're wasting your time .. they believe the ps3 is satan and 360 is their god ... and anything that even seems like praise to the ps3 = heresy lol.... bunch of zombified cultic nutjobs ...

Deathslizer
GameBoy
GameBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:42 am

Deathslizer wrote:Well you're wasting your time .. they believe the ps3 is satan and 360 is their god ... and anything that even seems like praise to the ps3 = heresy lol.... bunch of zombified cultic nutjobs ...

not every 360 fanboy and girl is stupid. Look at Blackbond. he has valid reasons why he like the 360 and i repect him because of it.

Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathslizer on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:45 am

Well the reason is why i think its pointless is that at the end of the argument , discussion or whatever you wanna call it .. They're not going to share your view of things .. unless by some miracle an rrod occurs on their 360s lol..

Deathslizer
GameBoy
GameBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:46 am

Deathslizer wrote:Well the reason is why i think its pointless is that at the end of the argument , discussion or whatever you wanna call it .. They're not going to share your view of things .. unless by some miracle an rrod occurs on their 360s lol..

lolz apparently most of them have had RROD and they don't give a damn.

Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathslizer on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:48 am

Oh they'll give a damn alright when microsoft abandons the 360 ... i mean if the rrod is inevitable as some say .. its probably the only console this generation to be able to reach near extinction at some point in time ..

Deathslizer
GameBoy
GameBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top