did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

did reviewers overrated Halo again?

80% 80% 
[ 16 ]
10% 10% 
[ 2 ]
10% 10% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 20

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by FaytSaratome on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:
Ciflit wrote:
Mark_chaos wrote:
Ciflit wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote: PRESS RIGHT TRIGGER FOR WIN.
What do you play on, easy? The campaign in Halo ODST is the best in the series, and the Conduit's storyline was mediocre at best. Just one cliche after another.

SAVE THE WORLD FROM DESTRUCTION/INVASION(S)... Yup, nothing cliche about that.
I'm...I'm not going to even try to debate with you about the complex Halo storyline. Even though Halo's story line does get way too complex for it's own good.

Then tell me please...
No, tell us please.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Ciflit on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:18 pm

If you've played the storyline of Halo, you know how confusing it is, a lot of time too confusing. It is a cliche concept but it has it's own innovative twists and turns along the way. The races are creative, the cliffhanger was genius, and how could you not be excited about Halo's story-line, like the game or not the story-line is good. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's the best story-line evar, far from it, but it's not bad at all.
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by FaytSaratome on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Ciflit wrote:If you've played the storyline of Halo, you know how confusing it is, a lot of time too confusing. It is a cliche concept but it has it's own innovative twists and turns along the way. The races are creative, the cliffhanger was genius, and how could you not be excited about Halo's story-line, like the game or not the story-line is good. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's the best story-line evar, far from it, but it's not bad at all.
We said tell the story, not tell what is in the story.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Ciflit on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:25 pm

I shouldn't have to tell the story if you guys are complaining it's bad. I assume if you're going to complain about the Halo story you already know what it is. If not, well...that's just silly.
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by FaytSaratome on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:27 pm

I should mention that the story for Halo was stolen from a book and they didn't even credit the author.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Ciflit on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:31 pm

No, you also didn't mention which book this was and you also forgot to mention if there is proof and if you're read the book yourself to confirm it. I'm sorry, but if you're going to bring things like this up, make sure it's proven and give us links or something to support yourself.
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Mark_Chaos on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:34 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:I should mention that the story for Halo was stolen from a book and they didn't even credit the author.

Link or it didn't happen.

Oh, random fact, there's a DC hero called Halo.

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by FaytSaratome on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:I should mention that the story for Halo was stolen from a book and they didn't even credit the author.

Link or it didn't happen.

Oh, random fact, there's a DC hero called Halo.
trying to find it but my friend says it's called Halo, not the book based off the games but another book called Halo.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Ciflit on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:37 pm

So your friend told you this...do you have any credible sources?
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by FaytSaratome on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Ciflit wrote:So your friend told you this...do you have any credible sources?
Bookstore.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Mark_Chaos on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:38 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Ciflit wrote:So your friend told you this...do you have any credible sources?
Bookstore.
... That helps...

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by FaytSaratome on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Ciflit wrote:So your friend told you this...do you have any credible sources?
Bookstore.
... That helps...
Yes I know, it's what I told him. I can't find it so forget about it.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Ciflit on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:39 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Ciflit wrote:So your friend told you this...do you have any credible sources?
Bookstore.
Did you read the book?
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Mark_Chaos on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Meh... I guess now. I never pay attention to the story anyway. I just wan to get to the fighting. I'll pick this up soon. I need more games for my 360 anyways. (I only have one)

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Ciflit on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:Meh... I guess now. I never pay attention to the story anyway. I just wan to get to the fighting. I'll pick this up soon. I need more games for my 360 anyways. (I only have one)
If you don't have the original Halo 3 and/or any of the DLC maps then it's totally worth it, because not only is the campaign great, but it comes with the Halo 3 multiplayer experience including all the DLC maps!
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by MetaSmashBro on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Ciflit wrote:
Mark_chaos wrote:Meh... I guess now. I never pay attention to the story anyway. I just wan to get to the fighting. I'll pick this up soon. I need more games for my 360 anyways. (I only have one)
If you don't have the original Halo 3 and/or any of the DLC maps then it's totally worth it, because not only is the campaign great, but it comes with the Halo 3 multiplayer experience including all the DLC maps!

You sound like an Xbot and I really wanna slap you.
Where do I start?

You keep saying the Campaign is great, but 9,000 bucks and a kick in the balls says you won't be playing ODST for the Campaign in oh say, a Month maybe 2. You could easily beat the Campaign approximately..... 10x in a month if you spend 2 and a half hours on the Campaign each day. I would understand if it was a 10hr+ campaign but it's not. And the story with Halo? Ok if you beat Halo1 on Legendary you clearly see Seargent Johnson get killed by the first Halo. But he miraculously survives, gets rescued, and you see him in the beginning of Halo2. It even said that it's the same Seargent Johnson from Halo1. I want an explanation right now. The cliffhanger was genius but really stupid at the same time. A 3yr wait to "Finish the fight". Please explain to me why ODST is a good game and I will drag my mom to Gamespot and buy it, I promise this in all seriousness.
avatar
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Posts : 607
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by MetaSmashBro on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Ciflit wrote:No, you also didn't mention which book this was and you also forgot to mention if there is proof and if you're read the book yourself to confirm it. I'm sorry, but if you're going to bring things like this up, make sure it's proven and give us links or something to support yourself.

Where's your links and evidence huh?
Don't expect somthin' from someone else if your not goin' to do it yourself.
avatar
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Posts : 607
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Ciflit on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:32 am

It's worth it, if you don't have any of the DLC maps. If you do have the DLC maps for Halo 3, rent it. Firefight is amazing too, anyone will agree with me on that. I'm not an X-bot, if I am, why the hell am I on a Wii forum? Also, who plays a game JUST for the campaign? Nobody does, that's why I said it's worth it if you have no maps for Halo 3! That's all I'm saying! I need evidence to state my opinion that the Halo story-line is great? Really? Also, learn what the edit button is so you don't double-post. Last time I checked facts need evidence, not opinions.
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by MetaSmashBro on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:15 pm

Ciflit wrote:It's worth it, if you don't have any of the DLC maps. If you do have the DLC maps for Halo 3, rent it. Firefight is amazing too, anyone will agree with me on that. I'm not an X-bot, if I am, why the hell am I on a Wii forum? Also, who plays a game JUST for the campaign? Nobody does, that's why I said it's worth it if you have no maps for Halo 3! That's all I'm saying! I need evidence to state my opinion that the Halo story-line is great? Really? Also, learn what the edit button is so you don't double-post. Last time I checked facts need evidence, not opinions.
"Firefight is amazing" is an opinion.


Last edited by MetaSmashBro on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put awesome but it was supposed to be amazing)
avatar
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Posts : 607
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Jade789119 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:53 pm

i played the halo odst campain reminds me of metriod ALOT the free roaming dosn't match metriods but it seems like a rip off
avatar
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1127
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 24
Location : CaNaDa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by darkwingdragon709 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:11 pm

WOAH!!! did that guy just say halo's story was great?...someone PLEASE link that vid halo's story in 5 mins so this guy can watch it.

...halo's story great...thats a good one.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Posts : 443
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Ciflit on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:31 pm

I've seen that video, and almost any video-game story ever could be summed up in a five minute video.
avatar
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 172
Reputation : 46
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 23

View user profile http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by darkwingdragon709 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Ciflit wrote:I've seen that video, and almost any video-game story ever could be summed up in a five minute video.
not the metroid series, not KotOR, not megaman X, not any of the FF games, not the fire emblem games, heck not even the mario series if you really pay attention to whats goin on. and certainly not the zelda series...and those games storyline/order are STILL under debate.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Posts : 443
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Mark_Chaos on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:59 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Ciflit wrote:I've seen that video, and almost any video-game story ever could be summed up in a five minute video.
not the metroid series, not KotOR, not megaman X, not any of the FF games, not the fire emblem games, heck not even the mario series if you really pay attention to whats goin on. and certainly not the zelda series...and those games storyline/order are STILL under debate.

Actually Mario can be summed pretty easily. LoZ however, because they're all their own games and none connect to one another, it's pretty impossible to do.

Oh, where's my I don't give a crap button?

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by darkwingdragon709 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Ciflit wrote:I've seen that video, and almost any video-game story ever could be summed up in a five minute video.
not the metroid series, not KotOR, not megaman X, not any of the FF games, not the fire emblem games, heck not even the mario series if you really pay attention to whats goin on. and certainly not the zelda series...and those games storyline/order are STILL under debate.

Actually Mario can be summed pretty easily. LoZ however, because they're all their own games and none connect to one another, it's pretty impossible to do.

Oh, where's my I don't give a crap button?
actually when you include the star children story behind the bros and other various characters, the RPGs and the main stream games(besides the original and the NSMB games that is), the series suddenly gets juicier.

aaaaahhh, but you are wrong about the zelda series as well. there are quite a few games that are direct sequals to eachother, but they ALL are connected by centuries of time. many don't know this.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Posts : 443
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: did reviewers overrated Halo ODST?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum