Square enix and Nintendo.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by marcus222 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:44 pm

As most of you know Nintendo used to be home for all the final fantasy games but ever since the PSone Nintendo fans haven't seen many groundbreaking FF games. Obviously Final fantasy games tend to have uber-realistic graphics and a magical art style to match, which is where the wii is weaker than the other two consoles.
So in short:
-Do you think square enix should focus more on the wii and creating a more mature art style for a wii game, instead of concentrating mainly on the crystal chronicles series? (although the Crystal chronicles series isn't bad I just mis the good ol' days.)

marcus222
GameBoy
GameBoy

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-30
Age : 24
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by Godwind on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Ever since the merger, their quality in making games have fell.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by sikokiller on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:21 am

its like people forgot where final fantasy started in the first place, i wouldnt mind a wii version of final fantasy 13
avatar
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Posts : 641
Reputation : 66
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 28
Location : Tasmania, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by FaytSaratome on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:09 am

I don't really care, as long as I get a remake of FFV.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by Godwind on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:50 am

sikokiller wrote:its like people forgot where final fantasy started in the first place, i wouldnt mind a wii version of final fantasy 13

Final Fantasy CC: Chrystal Bearers is probably going to be better than Final Fantasy 13. The main franchise has been butchered due to core people leaving the team. Hironobu Sakaguchi (creator of the series) left in 2001. Hence why Final Fantasy 11 and Final Fantasy 12 sucked and why Final Fantasy 13 is going to suck. Nobuo Uematsu, the main composer of the series, left squareenix. Yasumi Matsuno left Square Enix, who worked on the story for Madworld. These are are some core people that made Final Fantasy a series worth praising. The Gooch and Nobuo are currently working at Mistwalker.

Chrystal Chronicles actually got a fresh different team to do all this work and it was founded by Akitoshi Kawazu. Sure, it may not be the main franchise but the main franchise has been butchered. While everyone else is getting excited over a poorly developed game, Wii owners are going to be getting a well developed game in its placement.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by FaytSaratome on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:01 pm

I rather like the Crystal Chronicles series better then the new main series. Final Fantasy just went downhill.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:20 pm

I'll answer that question with one word: Yes. It's the main reason why I don't buy the CC series, and why I don't get into FF games at all. While CC may be good and/or better than the main series, I'm still not buying it because I'm tired of having the Wii being left out of main franchises that the other consoles have been getting such as MGS, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, etc.

The exception to this is Dead Space: Extraction. Visceral Games gave Wii owners a main Dead Space game that actually follows the main franchise. At least THEY know what they are doing when it comes to the Wii.

And Godwind, for once I completely agree with you 100%.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by FaytSaratome on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Technically with Final Fantasy, what's cannon and what's non-cannon is hard since even the main series don't follow a single story. it use to follow a main concept, Crystals are in danger and light warriors step up, but even now that's no longer true. Final Fantasy is a weird series as each title isn't really a sequel, with the exception to X-2, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, The After Years and a few others.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by Godwind on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:22 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:And Godwind, for once I completely agree with you 100%.

A shame because I am going to have disagree with you again dude.

Jaques7Chef wrote:I'll answer that question with one word: Yes. It's the main reason why I don't buy the CC series, and why I don't get into FF games at all. While CC may be good and/or better than the main series, I'm still not buying it because I'm tired of having the Wii being left out of main franchises that the other consoles have been getting such as MGS, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, etc.

Your complaint is really silly. "The Wii needs more of the main franchise." Seriously mate, if it bothers you so much that buy another system. I think most people here can agree they bought a Wii because it is from Nintendo. Quite frankly it shouldn't surprise anyone. Nintendo makes really good games, in fact some of the best games in the industry. Nintendo has also been one of the most innovative companies in the industry. This is one the reasons why Nintendo has such a strong fanbase to support them, with games selling in the the millions.

People have mocked Nintendo saying "Nintendo is going the way of Sega" even while Nintendo has the Wii outselling its competitors and happens to be profitable for a system alone. In sharp contrast to Microsoft and Sony who are losing money on every console sold. People will things such as "Sony and Microsoft have subsidaries" while in the mean time, those aren't solid "subsidiaries." Sony has their Motion Pictures and Music but people pirate that kind of content. How about hardware? They aren't the leader in other product they sell. Microsoft has Windows, but people pick up a new windows OS when they get a new computer, The Zune is getting its ass kicked by the iPod and people pirate software, the backbone of what defines Microsoft. People are also forgetting corporations don't exist to subsidize, they exist to make a profit.

Even as Nintendo's weakest selling console, it was still a healthy system for Nintendo. Hell, look at the amount of software sold for the system.

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?page=1&results=50&name=&console=GC&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=

Do those sales strike you as "crappy". Keep in mind that a developer makes a profit of about $30 a game. When a game sells 1 million copies, that translates to $30 million dollars.

But to get back on topic, lets talk about why you won't buy games because "the main franchise isn't released on the Wii." One of the best options to do is go Multiplatform. Only a fanboy would choose not to do that. There is a reason why Shokio has a Wii, PS3, Xbox360, DS, PC and probably a bunch of other consoles. So he can have access to any game he wishes to play. I personally plan getting a PS3 so I extend the selection of games I can play.

Also, a lot of Nintendo fans snub a game when it does come onto the Wii.
-It's a port
-It's not part of the main franchise
-It's a spin off

In the mean time, non Nintendo fanboys will say
-The Wii only has shovelware
-Motion controls aren't needed and don't work
-The Graphics suck
-It's the only system without HD visuals
-The Wii is overprice (trust me, they'll say that)

If you want a fair idea what a topic like that looks like
http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/is-the-wii-just-boring/35-237126/?

And on page 4 to whatever, you can find me defending the Wii
http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/is-the-wii-just-boring/35-237126/?page=4


You should buy games because they are good. Or better yet, buy them because you enjoy them.


Jaques7Chef wrote:The exception to this is Dead Space: Extraction. Visceral Games gave Wii owners a main Dead Space game that actually follows the main franchise. At least THEY know what they are doing when it comes to the Wii.

I believe they actually skipped bringing their main franchise game onto the Wii. You know Dead Space. If the new is a prequel, wouldn't Wii owners like to know what happened after the game? I guess you'll have to find out through the Xbox360/PS3. (A mock on the whole, want to know what happened to the Dead space crew, you'll have to find out on the Wii).

Hypocrite.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:51 pm

@Godwind
It is a silly complaint isn't it? XD You do have a point. To tell you the truth I'm laughing at myself for ever posting that. XD (no sarcasm intended or anything) But seriously, I'm still not buying it not because I think CC is going to be bad or anything, it's just that it doesn't appeal to me because of that complaint I posted. Different people have different tastes. But again, your point actually came through me for once. I'm starting to have a change of heart towards you, Godwind.

I do have a 360 (and a Wii with at least 24 games), but the problem is, it's my brother's, not mine (the Wii is mine, though), so he calls all the shots, but I can't afford to have another console (of my own, that is) or its games until I get a job. I just don't have the money. But does that stop me from playing other consoles? No. I have only played a snippet of the original Dead Space at my school, and it was awesome. Just to let you know, I'm neither one of those fanboys who either are die-hard or bash another console.

But 3 other things I must say to you truthfully and honestly:

1. Your comments are becoming long and boring. Please make them shorter.

2. I know the whole arguments that go on regarding the Wii, so why are you explaining everything about the Wii getting hated on to me? I'm a Nintendo fan, which is why I'm part of this Network aren't I?

3. Would you please stop calling me a hypocrite?


Last edited by Jaques7Chef on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by Permafry_42 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:23 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote: It is a silly complaint isn't it? XD You do have a point. To tell you the truth I'm laughing at myself for ever posting that. XD (no sarcasm intended or anything)

I do have a 360, but the problem is, it's my brother's, not mine, so he calls all the shots, but I can't afford to have another console or its games until I get a job. I just don't have the money. But does that stop me from playing other consoles? No. I have only played a snippet of the original Dead Space at my school, and it is awesome. I'm starting to have a change of heart towards you, Godwind. Just to let you know, I'm neither one of those fanboys who either are die-hard or bash another console. And would you kindly stop calling me a hypocrite?

From the looks of it, FF13 looks superb. I'm not a hardcore fan of the franchise; the only one that i liked so far was FF9 (Vivi FTW), and i never played too much of the original Final Fantasy games. But from what I've seen from the trailers, the graphics look overwhelmingly good (i was watching the HD trailer on the 480p standard TV that i play my PS3 on, and my mind was boggled), the gameplay looks great for an RPG (looks like there's no more of that crappy gameplay from FF12), and the story was a lot more appealing and believable then the FF11 or FF12 story (not to mention that the characters felt a lot more relatable for some reason).

As for money towards getting a console, i only get about $70 every 2 weeks from my paper route, and i still had enough to save up for my PS3 (after a 2 year warranty with best buy and tax it was $400, even though my dad chipped in $160 so he could watch blue ray movies off it.)). i do plan on getting a job that pays by the hour so i can afford to get more than 2-4 "new" (this generation) games. Until then, i have a 50+ list of games that i want that are either already out or coming out.

_________________
Wii Friend Code: 2605-4298-5187-2851

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2984-2234

Steam: Palesun (under Permafry_42)




avatar
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Posts : 870
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:48 pm

@Godwind
Also, your statement on "finding out what happens in Dead Space" can be reversed too. If the new is a prequel, wouldn't 360/PS3 owners want to buy a Wii so they can find out what orignally happened before the first game?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by FaytSaratome on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:33 am

Permafry_42 wrote:
Jaques7Chef wrote: It is a silly complaint isn't it? XD You do have a point. To tell you the truth I'm laughing at myself for ever posting that. XD (no sarcasm intended or anything)

I do have a 360, but the problem is, it's my brother's, not mine, so he calls all the shots, but I can't afford to have another console or its games until I get a job. I just don't have the money. But does that stop me from playing other consoles? No. I have only played a snippet of the original Dead Space at my school, and it is awesome. I'm starting to have a change of heart towards you, Godwind. Just to let you know, I'm neither one of those fanboys who either are die-hard or bash another console. And would you kindly stop calling me a hypocrite?

From the looks of it, FF13 looks superb. I'm not a hardcore fan of the franchise; the only one that i liked so far was FF9 (Vivi FTW), and i never played too much of the original Final Fantasy games. But from what I've seen from the trailers, the graphics look overwhelmingly good (i was watching the HD trailer on the 480p standard TV that i play my PS3 on, and my mind was boggled), the gameplay looks great for an RPG (looks like there's no more of that crappy gameplay from FF12), and the story was a lot more appealing and believable then the FF11 or FF12 story (not to mention that the characters felt a lot more relatable for some reason).

As for money towards getting a console, i only get about $70 every 2 weeks from my paper route, and i still had enough to save up for my PS3 (after a 2 year warranty with best buy and tax it was $400, even though my dad chipped in $160 so he could watch blue ray movies off it.)). i do plan on getting a job that pays by the hour so i can afford to get more than 2-4 "new" (this generation) games. Until then, i have a 50+ list of games that i want that are either already out or coming out.
I plan on getting a job at GameStop, I mean 15% discount ftw. Anyways I rather like FFXIII because they are bringing back the ATB system, granted they changed it some. I like the Crystal Chronicles series, mainly because it's more focused around teamwork and hell more fun then FFXI. Crystal Bearers seems like they are trying to bring Crystal Chronicles to single player focus so I'm wondering how it'll be, plus being able to use Gravity Magic anytime looks cool.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by Permafry_42 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:40 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:
Jaques7Chef wrote: It is a silly complaint isn't it? XD You do have a point. To tell you the truth I'm laughing at myself for ever posting that. XD (no sarcasm intended or anything)

I do have a 360, but the problem is, it's my brother's, not mine, so he calls all the shots, but I can't afford to have another console or its games until I get a job. I just don't have the money. But does that stop me from playing other consoles? No. I have only played a snippet of the original Dead Space at my school, and it is awesome. I'm starting to have a change of heart towards you, Godwind. Just to let you know, I'm neither one of those fanboys who either are die-hard or bash another console. And would you kindly stop calling me a hypocrite?

From the looks of it, FF13 looks superb. I'm not a hardcore fan of the franchise; the only one that i liked so far was FF9 (Vivi FTW), and i never played too much of the original Final Fantasy games. But from what I've seen from the trailers, the graphics look overwhelmingly good (i was watching the HD trailer on the 480p standard TV that i play my PS3 on, and my mind was boggled), the gameplay looks great for an RPG (looks like there's no more of that crappy gameplay from FF12), and the story was a lot more appealing and believable then the FF11 or FF12 story (not to mention that the characters felt a lot more relatable for some reason).

As for money towards getting a console, i only get about $70 every 2 weeks from my paper route, and i still had enough to save up for my PS3 (after a 2 year warranty with best buy and tax it was $400, even though my dad chipped in $160 so he could watch blue ray movies off it.)). i do plan on getting a job that pays by the hour so i can afford to get more than 2-4 "new" (this generation) games. Until then, i have a 50+ list of games that i want that are either already out or coming out.
I plan on getting a job at GameStop, I mean 15% discount ftw. Anyways I rather like FFXIII because they are bringing back the ATB system, granted they changed it some. I like the Crystal Chronicles series, mainly because it's more focused around teamwork and hell more fun then FFXI. Crystal Bearers seems like they are trying to bring Crystal Chronicles to single player focus so I'm wondering how it'll be, plus being able to use Gravity Magic anytime looks cool.

lol i mioght be working at future shop, though there's a better chance i'll work at EB games or Roger's video store (or both, since they are in the same building.)

_________________
Wii Friend Code: 2605-4298-5187-2851

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2984-2234

Steam: Palesun (under Permafry_42)




avatar
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Posts : 870
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Square enix and Nintendo.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum