WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Permafry_42 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:34 pm

Read this article by ign: http://wii.ign.com/articles/103/1030354p1.html

k, since i have a hacked Wii, i just don't update my Wii. However, for those that haven't hacked their Wiis (lol!), i recommend that you wait until Nintendo fixes this problem before you update you Wii.

_________________
Wii Friend Code: 2605-4298-5187-2851

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2984-2234

Steam: Palesun (under Permafry_42)




avatar
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Posts : 870
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Godwind on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:51 pm

Updated and the system was not bricked.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Don't care for hacking because I don't like it, it's wrong, and I'm afraid I'll break the system. And I updated it, and haven't had any problems at all. In fact, the update helped a freezing problem I had when playing Dead Space: Extraction.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by SoaringDive on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:08 am

Only a dozen people reported bricked Wiis, more than half were modded.

So that's like, 4 out of like 3 million. 1 in 750,000 chance of your Wii bricking.

_________________
No story is not worth hearing
avatar
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Posts : 799
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-09-18
Age : 21
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Jade789119 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:45 am

lol mabye they are lying?
avatar
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1127
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 24
Location : CaNaDa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Permafry_42 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:36 am

Jaques7Chef wrote:Don't care for hacking because I don't like it, it's wrong, and I'm afraid I'll break the system. And I updated it, and haven't had any problems at all. In fact, the update helped a freezing problem I had when playing Dead Space: Extraction.

I don't use my hacked Wii for cheating at games or playing "back-up" games. I'm not one of those people who are using the hacked Wii for anything illegal. I would only be doing something illegal if i played a downloaded game using the backup launcher, used the Wii as a way to cheat at games, using my Wii as a bot computer or anything like that.

I just like it for the free stuff that is user made and only available if you hack your Wii. I love playing the Wii port of Quake and Doom, and the tetris game is also pretty fun too. In fact, i barely even use my homebrew channel, since i buy Wii games pretty often (I'm still playing Metroid Prime Trilogy even though i've had it for such a long time now.)

So hacking isn't wrong. It's only people who use it irresponsibly (use it as a means of some kind of profit) that are wrong. I am proud to say that i am not one of those people.

_________________
Wii Friend Code: 2605-4298-5187-2851

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2984-2234

Steam: Palesun (under Permafry_42)




avatar
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Posts : 870
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by FaytSaratome on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:39 am

Only thing that happened to me was my SD card eaten and Wii unhacked itself. No bricking here.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Jade789119 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:57 pm

if you dont hack you wii youll be fine if you did a small chance of brikin
avatar
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1127
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 24
Location : CaNaDa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Godwind on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:12 pm

One problem I do have. What hasn't anyone come up with the WUoD (Wii update of death). The Wii totally needs a bricking nickname.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Permafry_42 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:48 pm

Godwind wrote:One problem I do have. What hasn't anyone come up with the WUoD (Wii update of death). The Wii totally needs a bricking nickname.

Because the Wii's hardware is a lot harder from just using the wii to break because it isn't trying for mind blowing graphics like PC, PS3, and 360 are. Trust me though, Wii HD (or Wii Next-gen) will be bigger and more powerful than the Current-Gen Wii. Unfortunately the Wii HD will probably break more then the Current-Gen Wii, but it will probably have PC/PS3-like graphics. Man, i just can't wait for Wii HD bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

_________________
Wii Friend Code: 2605-4298-5187-2851

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2984-2234

Steam: Palesun (under Permafry_42)




avatar
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Posts : 870
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Invaderzzim on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:42 pm

This isn't a warning, this is a solution to a bunch of idiots

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Posts : 577
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2009-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by darkwingdragon709 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:33 am

hey guys, what does it mean when your console "bricks" exactly? cause my wii has completely stopped readin discs about 4 months ago before the update(which has done nothin to it as far as i've seen). and i've been misurable since...I WANNA PLAY SSBB AND CONDUIT SOOO BAD!!! and i'm real tempted to buy MP trilogy even though i have all 3 games.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Posts : 443
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Permafry_42 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:48 am

darkwingdragon709 wrote:hey guys, what does it mean when your console "bricks" exactly? cause my wii has completely stopped readin discs about 4 months ago before the update(which has done nothin to it as far as i've seen). and i've been misurable since...I WANNA PLAY SSBB AND CONDUIT SOOO BAD!!! and i'm real tempted to buy MP trilogy even though i have all 3 games.

bricked means that the electronic that is "bricked" can't do anything. ie that the electronic is as useful as a brick and nothing. In other words, it means that the software is useless.

As for you disc read error (at least that's what i think it is), your gonna need a professional to repair it unless your Wii is still under warranty; in that case just return your Wii to the store you bought it from, and they'll repair the Wii for you (or just replace your Wii.)

_________________
Wii Friend Code: 2605-4298-5187-2851

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2984-2234

Steam: Palesun (under Permafry_42)




avatar
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Posts : 870
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Godwind on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:11 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:
Godwind wrote:One problem I do have. What hasn't anyone come up with the WUoD (Wii update of death). The Wii totally needs a bricking nickname.

Because the Wii's hardware is a lot harder from just using the wii to break because it isn't trying for mind blowing graphics like PC, PS3, and 360 are. Trust me though, Wii HD (or Wii Next-gen) will be bigger and more powerful than the Current-Gen Wii. Unfortunately the Wii HD will probably break more then the Current-Gen Wii, but it will probably have PC/PS3-like graphics. Man, i just can't wait for Wii HD bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Machines brick from bad design, not from being more powerful. Much like the Wii, the PS3 has a low failure rate. Keep in mind that most consoles at launch are plagued with bad designs ever since they started to using optical drives to play video games. Much like the problems have occurred with the Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox and Xbox360. In fact the only systems to not have these problems is the Dreamcast and the Saturn. Surprise surprise, Sega isn't in the arena anymore. However, the Xbox360 happens to be a unique thing in terms of shittiness. Despite being on the market for 4 years, Microsoft has yet to address the problems.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by SoaringDive on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:25 pm

It's not deadly enough to have a nickname. Since there's estimatedly a 1 in 750,000 chance of it bricking, it isn't deadly enough. Also, it's a software problem, not a hardware problem, as opposed to RRoD and YLoD being hardware problems.

_________________
No story is not worth hearing
avatar
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Posts : 799
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-09-18
Age : 21
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by sikokiller on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:51 am

i don't hack, i don't use my wii like a fucking science project lol
avatar
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Posts : 641
Reputation : 66
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 28
Location : Tasmania, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Permafry_42 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:29 pm

sikokiller wrote:i don't hack, i don't use my wii like a fucking science project lol

lol too bad. btw did you know there is an app for homebrew on wii that shows you how many days, minutes, seconds, nanoseconds, weeks, fortweeks, and Santa questions there are before christmas. It's true!

_________________
Wii Friend Code: 2605-4298-5187-2851

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2984-2234

Steam: Palesun (under Permafry_42)




avatar
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Posts : 870
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by nintendorocks on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:38 pm

serves those dumb hackers right
avatar
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Posts : 457
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 23
Location : burghfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Permafry_42 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:52 pm

nintendorocks wrote:serves those dumb hackers right

i'm dumb? Crying or Very sad

_________________
Wii Friend Code: 2605-4298-5187-2851

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2984-2234

Steam: Palesun (under Permafry_42)




avatar
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Posts : 870
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by darkwingdragon709 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:hey guys, what does it mean when your console "bricks" exactly? cause my wii has completely stopped readin discs about 4 months ago before the update(which has done nothin to it as far as i've seen). and i've been misurable since...I WANNA PLAY SSBB AND CONDUIT SOOO BAD!!! and i'm real tempted to buy MP trilogy even though i have all 3 games.

bricked means that the electronic that is "bricked" can't do anything. ie that the electronic is as useful as a brick and nothing. In other words, it means that the software is useless.

As for you disc read error (at least that's what i think it is), your gonna need a professional to repair it unless your Wii is still under warranty; in that case just return your Wii to the store you bought it from, and they'll repair the Wii for you (or just replace your Wii.)
...yeah i'm gonna have to get mine repaired for 80 bucks. my warrenty been up a long time ago, i had my wii since launch.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Posts : 443
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by NextGen247 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:26 pm

I have my wii hacked and its fun playing homebrew games.
avatar
NextGen247
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 53
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2009-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Permafry_42 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:28 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:hey guys, what does it mean when your console "bricks" exactly? cause my wii has completely stopped readin discs about 4 months ago before the update(which has done nothin to it as far as i've seen). and i've been misurable since...I WANNA PLAY SSBB AND CONDUIT SOOO BAD!!! and i'm real tempted to buy MP trilogy even though i have all 3 games.

bricked means that the electronic that is "bricked" can't do anything. ie that the electronic is as useful as a brick and nothing. In other words, it means that the software is useless.

As for you disc read error (at least that's what i think it is), your gonna need a professional to repair it unless your Wii is still under warranty; in that case just return your Wii to the store you bought it from, and they'll repair the Wii for you (or just replace your Wii.)
...yeah i'm gonna have to get mine repaired for 80 bucks. my warrenty been up a long time ago, i had my wii since launch.

ouch

_________________
Wii Friend Code: 2605-4298-5187-2851

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2984-2234

Steam: Palesun (under Permafry_42)




avatar
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Posts : 870
Reputation : 90
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:14 pm

[/quote]
Because the Wii's hardware is a lot harder from just using the wii to break because it isn't trying for mind blowing graphics like PC, PS3, and 360 are. Trust me though, Wii HD (or Wii Next-gen) will be bigger and more powerful than the Current-Gen Wii. Unfortunately the Wii HD will probably break more then the Current-Gen Wii, but it will probably have PC/PS3-like graphics. Man, i just can't wait for Wii HD bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is not going to be any Wii HD.

http://g4tv.com/videos/41651/Nintendos_Reggie_FilsAime_on_the_Wii_Price_Drop/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by FaytSaratome on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:
Because the Wii's hardware is a lot harder from just using the wii to break because it isn't trying for mind blowing graphics like PC, PS3, and 360 are. Trust me though, Wii HD (or Wii Next-gen) will be bigger and more powerful than the Current-Gen Wii. Unfortunately the Wii HD will probably break more then the Current-Gen Wii, but it will probably have PC/PS3-like graphics. Man, i just can't wait for Wii HD bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is not going to be any Wii HD.

http://g4tv.com/videos/41651/Nintendos_Reggie_FilsAime_on_the_Wii_Price_Drop/[/quote]
Already knew that, anyone should had seen this coming.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 26
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by SoaringDive on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:22 pm

I'm glad. This generation shouldn't have tried to boost their graphics so high, just look what happened to the hardware after.

_________________
No story is not worth hearing
avatar
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Posts : 799
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-09-18
Age : 21
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING! YOU Wii IS IN DANGER! WARNING!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum