do wii really need hd?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

do wii really need hd?

Post by RollingSilver on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:03 pm

i know we're sick of this question but if wii went hd (720p you decide), will developers take the wii more seriously? after reading this article:

http://www.destructoid.com/nier-director-disses-the-wii-demands-an-hd-solution-151156.phtml

an hd wii could make sense to attract more developers.

i personally don't care if the wii becomes hd or not, hell, standard definition wii is yummy as long as it's got the games Very Happy . any thoughts? discuss
avatar
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 264
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by SoaringDive on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:08 pm

I just wanna say:









*ahem*































Monster Hunter 3......






That is all.

_________________
No story is not worth hearing
avatar
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Posts : 799
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-09-18
Age : 21
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Jade789119 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:27 pm

all i want to say is metriod prime other M looks crazy fun
avatar
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1127
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 24
Location : CaNaDa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by RollingSilver on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:57 pm

does anyone think hd wii would attract more developers?
avatar
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 264
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Jade789119 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:47 pm

RollingSilver wrote:does anyone think hd wii would attract more developers?

well it could but if ninty put in just raw power. they would but ninty does a great job whats inside though thay make every piece work extremely well. with a 360 it was slapped to gether with peices powerfull yes but some problems go along with it. Like power consumption and ext
avatar
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1127
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 24
Location : CaNaDa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by 42crazyguy on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:31 pm

yeeeeeeeeeeees the wii graphics are the main reason most devs dont want to develope on it
avatar
42crazyguy
GameBoy
GameBoy

Posts : 34
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 21
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Godwind on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Is HD really needed? Of course not. It is a nicer touch but I for one can live without. I never damned Nintendo for not adding the feature. The graphics on the PS3 and Xbox360 haven't really met a point where I feel like my investment has been terrible. Especially when considering that most PC games can outperform both systems. I have an interest in a PS3 because of some of the games.

Although I am still purchasing PS2, Gamecube and Dreamcast games that I've missed in addition to my DSi.

With that being said, the Xbox360 may have its own flaws over the Wii.

1) No USB ports
2)The Xbox360 doesn't use internal storage like the Wii and Playstation 3. It still requires memory cards. The Wii uses SD cards for backing up data and the Playstation 3 can be backed up on an External Harddrive.
3) The Xbox360 doesn't have motion controls, unlike the Wii and Playstaion 3.
4) The Xbox360 doesn't have a built in Wifi adapter. You have to buy an adapter for it.
5) The Xbox360 doesn't have a web browser. Both the Wii and Playstation 3 have a web browser. Even the Dreamcast had a Web Browser. This isn't even high 21st centrury technology.
6) The Xbox360 is the only current generation console that uses a disk tray.
7) Most Xbox360 games are multiplatform or eventually going multiplatform. Gears of War is on the PC. You can expect Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 to go on the PC. Even games like Mass Effect go onto the PC. The PS3 and Wii share a lot of common games with the Xbox360.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by RollingSilver on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:37 pm

well, the basic thing to do in these situations is to know what you've purchased and be proud of it. heck, i use a regular tv to play my wii and i love it. the developer for nier is just a graphics-whore

so hd is a disease Shocked lol
avatar
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 264
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Gyoza on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Godwind is correct in my opinion. But it would be nice.
avatar
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1773
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Philadelphia, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Jade789119 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:45 am

i got a 50 inch plasma on my wii lolz
avatar
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1127
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 24
Location : CaNaDa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Godwind on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:39 pm

To be honest, very few games really make graphics matter. Every so often a game does come along and make graphics an important part of the experience.

Godwind
NES
NES

Posts : 484
Reputation : 110
Join date : 2009-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by AxelDemon on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:38 pm

RollingSilver wrote:does anyone think hd wii would attract more developers?

No. What would attract more developers is if it was easier to achieve good graphics, if they didn't have to put effort into it, like they should. But Hd would be nice. Not really needed, but i guess it'd be pretty nice. But i still don't have an hd tv. Sh*t i still watch VHS' some times. And i don't really see a difference between Hd, Blu-ray or Sd dvds. Seriously. If you want realism look at a painting. Games aren't about graphics, they're about gameplay, and if you think i game sucks because of the graphics, well then you have penises for eyes.

_________________


avatar
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1967
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 22
Location : Philadelphia,PA

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by sikokiller on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:22 am

42crazyguy wrote:yeeeeeeeeeeees the wii graphics are the main reason most devs dont want to develope on it

if thats true where were the 3rd party support last generation? or maybe the N64 era?
avatar
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Posts : 641
Reputation : 66
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 28
Location : Tasmania, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by AxelDemon on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:59 am

sikokiller wrote:
42crazyguy wrote:yeeeeeeeeeeees the wii graphics are the main reason most devs dont want to develope on it

if thats true where were the 3rd party support last generation? or maybe the N64 era?

Its not the graphics, its the difficulty to construct a game w/ nintendos restrictions. Nintendo needs to trust developers w/ their console.

_________________


avatar
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1967
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 22
Location : Philadelphia,PA

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Gyoza on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:21 am

AxelDemon wrote:
sikokiller wrote:
42crazyguy wrote:yeeeeeeeeeeees the wii graphics are the main reason most devs dont want to develope on it

if thats true where were the 3rd party support last generation? or maybe the N64 era?

Its not the graphics, its the difficulty to construct a game w/ nintendos restrictions. Nintendo needs to trust developers w/ their console.

For the Blu-Ray thing you said in a different post. The discs holds more data. Also developers need to do research on the Wii. So they can find how good the can get the graphic, online play and control schemes.
avatar
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1773
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 22
Location : Philadelphia, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by SoaringDive on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:47 am

It's a bad idea to even have an HDTV (unless you're super rich). You're spending so much money on buying the thing, more money on HDMI cables, and so much money on electricity. I can live with a tv that is only 1.5 times less quality video if it saves so much money.

Same with consoles, you spend so much money with having HD consoles, and save so much with SD consoles. HDTV + HD console = Bankrupt.

_________________
No story is not worth hearing
avatar
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Posts : 799
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-09-18
Age : 21
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by AxelDemon on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:03 am

Gyoza wrote:For the Blu-Ray thing you said in a different post.

I know that, but developers have to download parts of the game on the empty space of the disc so that the load times are shorter.

_________________


avatar
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1967
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 22
Location : Philadelphia,PA

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:34 pm

If Nintendo were to go HD, I would leave them. They didn't worry about technology before, and they shouldn't now. Why bring out an HD Wii when the Wii has been selling well for the past 3 years? Besides, we already have 2 HD (360/PS3) consoles, why do we need another?

Lazy developers are desperate for a Wii HD. They make excuses up just to have Nintendo bring out one because they don't think the current Wii is strong enough for their games. With the 3rd party line up that smart developers (Capcom, HVS, etc.) have created for us Wii owners to enjoy, lazy developers should be following in their footsteps rather than complain and whine about the Wii's lack of power.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by AxelDemon on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:06 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:If Nintendo were to go HD, I would leave them.

Out of everything you said in your post, thats the only thing that i disagree with. That is a reason to send nintendo an angry letter, not leave them. I understand that it shows that they are kinda money hungry, but even Capcom has said that they'll follow the money. So for a company to want more money is not a reason to abandon them.

_________________


avatar
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1967
Reputation : 133
Join date : 2009-08-27
Age : 22
Location : Philadelphia,PA

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:33 pm

AxelDemon wrote:
Jaques7Chef wrote:If Nintendo were to go HD, I would leave them.

Out of everything you said in your post, thats the only thing that i disagree with. That is a reason to send nintendo an angry letter, not leave them. I understand that it shows that they are kinda money hungry, but even Capcom has said that they'll follow the money. So for a company to want more money is not a reason to abandon them.

Of course, I wouldn't really leave Nintendo, but I would send them an angry letter. I was just exaggerrating.

What I'm saying is that if Nintendo were to release an HD Wii now, or even in the future where the original Wii is still selling strong, it would go against their whole marketing aspect ideas or beliefs of what the Wii is really about to the consumer, and just show they're money-hungry. And I know the general reason for a company business is money, but Nintendo doesn't seem the money-hungry type throughout their experience in the gaming market. The N64 was the weakest console when it was up against the PS1, but it still sold well. The Wii right now is the biggest console hit in sales, and it is still selling strong without HD. Therefore, the Wii doesn't need to be upgraded to HD. Nintendo should just do HD in the next console, if there's ever going to be one, but by then the new competitng consoles would probably be beyond HD, if this ever happens.


Last edited by Jaques7Chef on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Mark_Chaos on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:41 pm

... Out of curiosity, what is exactly wrong with having HD? I mean yeah, graphics aren't everything if the game-play's shit, but you're seriously going to be pissed off if Nintendo made an HD Wii somewhere along the line? Seems pretty sad you're complaining over something you don't have to buy when you already have it.

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:54 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:... Out of curiosity, what is exactly wrong with having HD? I mean yeah, graphics aren't everything if the game-play's shit, but you're seriously going to be pissed off if Nintendo made an HD Wii somewhere along the line? Seems pretty sad you're complaining over something you don't have to buy when you already have it.

There's nothing wrong with having sharper images, but it's the hype from fanboys that make a big deal about it saying, "HD changes the game completely!" Exactly, how will HD change the entire game change if all it's going to do is bring sharper images to make it more realistic? (*gasp* just like movies!) HD doesn't change the gameplay, controls, etc. HD fanboys (not saying all) have no clue that the main core of video games is the gameplay itself, because without gameplay, games would just be pretty movies.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Mark_Chaos on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:57 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:
Mark_chaos wrote:... Out of curiosity, what is exactly wrong with having HD? I mean yeah, graphics aren't everything if the game-play's shit, but you're seriously going to be pissed off if Nintendo made an HD Wii somewhere along the line? Seems pretty sad you're complaining over something you don't have to buy when you already have it.

There's nothing wrong with having sharper images, but it's the hype from fanboys that make a big deal about it saying, "HD changes the game completely!" Exactly, how will HD change the entire game change if all it's going to do is bring sharper images to make it more realistic? (*gasp* just like movies!) HD doesn't change the gameplay, controls, etc. HD fanboys (not saying all) have no clue that the main core of video games is the gameplay itself, because without gameplay, games would just be pretty movies.

This may be true, you're complaining about a bunch of man-children, teenage-children, and actually children? They're not worth it.


Last edited by Mark_chaos on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by RollingSilver on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:12 pm

i think we should calm down a little bit seeing that hd-fanboys and graphics-whore developers are making a big fuss over nintendo's lack of tech.

@jaques
i wouldn't dismiss hd, i only hate the fact that hd makes a game so important that no one would make a game if it doesn't have hd features. i know, huh.

@mark
you're totally right there about these manchildren not being worth it. but they sure as hell are annoying.

i only made this topic so you can discuss a little bit about the developer for nier complaining at nintendo for having "disgusting" sd visuals. has anyone followed the game nier recently?

news flash: miyamoto or nintendo (i'm not sure who) stated that the next system will keep up with current tech, or so i've heard.
avatar
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 264
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2009-09-17
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Mark_Chaos on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:15 pm

RollingSilver wrote:News flash: Miyamoto or Nintendo (i'm not sure who) stated that the next system will keep up with current tech, or so i've heard.

So it's a new console then or a updated Wii??

_________________

avatar
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Posts : 670
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 25
Location : Cybertron

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Re: do wii really need hd?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum