Fanboy Article: "Metroid on PS3??" (Not likely.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fanboy Article: "Metroid on PS3??" (Not likely.)

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:53 pm

http://geekflavor.com/gf-gaming/metroid-on-ps3/#more-2776

I don't intend to offend anyone with this article.

The article is talking about how three Retro Studios developers left their former company, and created Armature Studios, and have sealed a deal with E.A. on making games. Apparently, some people thought that because of this movement, Metroid would be on the PS3.

"Wait...WHAT? How's that possible? I thought Metroid was a Nintendo exclusive franchise! They shouldn't be able to make Metroid on PS3, it's illegal copyright!" Don't worry folks, Metroid is still a true Nintendo franchise, and it is still wholly owned by Retro Studios, and Nintendo.

"But why would someone mention it? It has to be true right?" My friend, you are only partially right. While it is true that three developers have left Retro Studios to form Armature Studios, the rest of the article is desperate speculation, and pure fanboyism.

"How would you know if the author is a fanboy, or not?" I don't, but just from reading all the way through the article and looking around the website, I can definitely claim from these observations that the author is prettly much a fanboy. More specifically, a PS3 fanboy.

Let's break this down:

1. Just by going into the website, you can automatically tell by the way the website is named, "Geekflavor: Have you fed your inner geek today?" Along with a picture of a girl licking an ice cream cone. How can anyone take the article seriously with a website like THAT?

2. The author's name is "fatkobra." What automatically comes to mind is, well, a fat cobra, that's, well, fat, lazy, etc. So you can automatically assume that judging by the author's name, he is a lazy person who has no life.

3. His opening line is, "That's the rumor kitties." I don't know if he really means literally kittens, or just misspelled the word, "kiddies." So it's hard to know who his audience is.

4. He says the usual stuff about the Wii, how it's kiddy, and all that stuff, when he clearly didn't do his research on the console. And how the PS3 has blah-blah-blah.

5. He clearly doesn't know that Retro Studios is wholly owned by Nintendo as a 1st party developer, who wholly owns the Metroid franchise as a 1st party game, so moving Metroid over to Sony and PS3 would be illegal, unless Nintendo pulled a Rare, which everyone clearly knows that they didn't considering how M:OM, and MPT are still on the Wii.

6. He claims to be a "die-hard" Metroid fan who plays all Metroid games. He says "No one wants to play Metroid on the Wii." Hmmm, so why would he post a picture of Dark Samus from MP3:C, which is exclusively for the Wii, on his article if he claims no one wants to play Metroid on the Wii? Sounds like he's encouraging gamers to play Metroid on the Wii, instead of the opposite. Also, if he claims to be a "die-hard" Metroid fan, wouldn't he want to play ALL Metroid games, no matter the console?

7. Now here's the funny one, he ASSURES the audience, probably targeted at, you guessed it, PS3 fanboys, that there WILL be a Metroid coming on the PS3, even though he CLEARLY states in his first paragraph that Armature Studios WILL NOT be making ANY Metroid games period. He backfired on his OWN research that he posted. Epic Fail!

And if you're wondering what article he's mentioning here it is:

http://kotaku.com/5049329/metroid-prime-devs-eye-360-ps3-for-future-games

This is the full original article that's explaining everything in more detail. I can tell you right now that there is no mentioning of Metroid being on the PS3 anywhere. So basically, this fanboy's whole article backfires on him because he didn't read the original article all the way, or interpret it clearly enough to understand what the author's were saying. In other words, he fails at research, and everything else in life because of his PS3 fanboyism.

Now, I can also say that the fanboy's whole "Metroid on PS3??" article may be sarcasm, but given how it's still been up on the web for the last 10 months, there's no denying he's a true PS3 fanboy who is blinded by his own enthusiasm of the console of his choice.

I do have to give him props for at least do a LITTLE research, and having an attention-grabber title, but that's it. "fatkobra" you fail, and you're a PS3 fanboy.

I have to thank cardy225 for bringing this article to my attention because I CANNOT get it out of my head after reading it several times. This article makes me laugh everytime I read it. I know this article is from January 2009, btw, but this truly shows how fanboys don't intrepret their own research properly, and can bring about their own destruction, lol.

Oh, and look at his 5 comments. The popularity of this article is only 27%, lol.

Again, I don't mean to offend anyone.

Last edited by Jaques7Chef on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:43 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Fanboy Article: "Metroid on PS3??" (Not likely.)

Post by Mark_Chaos on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Sorry dude on the site, but the Metroid on the PS3 is a lie.

Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:21 pm

that would be taribble if ninty lost metriod
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:49 pm

This is why blogs are shit.

Godwind
NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:26 pm

Metroid + Ps3 = Shocked

AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:07 pm

personally if it went on ps3 nintendo would go ape shit and probably invent a whole new series
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:58 pm

man if Ninty loses this title.. it will release my alter-ego lol
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:07 am

Um, Retro only makes the 1st Person Metroid games. So unless PS3 is going to get Metroid Prime 4, there won't be any Metroid on PS3.

GameCube
GameCube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:28 am

If metriod was on ps3 it would cause nintendo to sue them and take all of sonys money

AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by solborimm on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:52 pm

oh yea, the biggest idiot ever goes to my school and thinks they're going to make ZELDA on the 360!!! his reason to back this up? "the wii is crap, and the 360 is better" me and my friends were laughing at this guy.

solborimm
GameBoy
GameBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:04 pm

solborimm wrote:oh yea, the biggest idiot ever goes to my school and thinks they're going to make ZELDA on the 360!!! his reason to back this up? "the wii is crap, and the 360 is better" me and my friends were laughing at this guy.

HAHA as the next zelda is in develop ment and is nick named zelda wii igive me a break lol
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:47 am

solborimm wrote:oh yea, the biggest idiot ever goes to my school and thinks they're going to make ZELDA on the 360!!! his reason to back this up? "the wii is crap, and the 360 is better" me and my friends were laughing at this guy.

Lol, that's stupider than the "Halo is coming to PS3".

GameCube
GameCube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:37 pm

well you would laugh at that statement, its so funny when they say it should be on their console lol
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:57 pm

...that had to be the dumbest thing i've ever read. this my friends is a real moron abusin his ability to make blogs on the internet. this is somethin you don't see everyday...a fool in action.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:07 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:...that had to be the dumbest thing i've ever read. this my friends is a real moron abusin his ability to make blogs on the internet. this is somethin you don't see everyday...a fool in action.

I know, right? It's so bad it's funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:44 pm

well apparently Gears of war is going to ps3 due to their 2 game contract is over or something. But nintendo owns metriod and it will forever they would never sell metriod. just like microsoft wont sell halo
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! hahahahahahahahahah!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha!!! ahahahahahahah...ahahaha....ahahaha.........aha....aahhhhhh....

Funny.

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 pm

Invaderzzim wrote:Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! hahahahahahahahahah!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha!!! ahahahahahahah...ahahaha....ahahaha.........aha....aahhhhhh....

Funny.

My point exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:36 pm

It would be halirious to see an Metroid game on the Playstation 3. Sure it might be awesome, but Sony will get there butt sued by Nintendo. I'll be laughing when that happens. As a matter of fact, I'm laughing right now.

@solborimm: Anyone who believes that a Nintendo franchise will be made available on a competitor franchise is lunatic about the gaming industry.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top