another EA - wii complaint

View previous topic View next topic Go down

another EA - wii complaint

Post by RollingSilver on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:34 pm

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10395490-17.html?tag=mncol;txt

these guys should admit that their marketing for some of their games sucked instead of blaming nintendo for low sales because, hey, why should nintendo take care other people's games when they're not nintendo's? unless a nintendo peripheral is bundled with a third party game, then sure, but EA should advertise their damn products by themselves.

partnership with nintendo? unlikely since they're a complete different company with completely different agendas. nintendo has developers making products for nintendo as EA has developers making games with EA. they are companies and therefore comptete with each other.

some people just don't want to admit that they're wrong
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: another EA - wii complaint

Post by sikokiller on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:03 am

Capcom partnered up with Nintendo with their monster hunter game, they helped them advertise it in japan.. and thats why it sold a million copy's easy, but yeah i agree that its not Nintendo fuilt if a game doesn't its not Nintendo's game, the reason Nintendo teamed up with capcom so they can increase there relationship together.
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:58 am

sikokiller wrote:Capcom partnered up with Nintendo with their monster hunter game, they helped them advertise it in japan.. and thats why it sold a million copy's easy, but yeah i agree that its not Nintendo fuilt if a game doesn't its not Nintendo's game, the reason Nintendo teamed up with capcom so they can increase there relationship together.

i think nintendo partnered up with capcom because monster hunter 3, a title among a popular franchise, was being released on the wii and at the same time, nintendo was releasing the black wii and the classic controller pro. and so in order to make a huge bank, monster hunter 3 was bundled with the new black wiis and classic controller pros.

and the great thing about this story: it worked.

as for EA's situation, i suggest they release some kind of AAA title that uses motion+ so they can have some of that "partnership" with nintendo. they did it with superslam tennis and the recent tiger woods game. oh yeah, and best of all, make it public.
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:11 pm

RollingSilver wrote:
sikokiller wrote:Capcom partnered up with Nintendo with their monster hunter game, they helped them advertise it in japan.. and thats why it sold a million copy's easy, but yeah i agree that its not Nintendo fuilt if a game doesn't its not Nintendo's game, the reason Nintendo teamed up with capcom so they can increase there relationship together.

i think nintendo partnered up with capcom because monster hunter 3, a title among a popular franchise, was being released on the wii and at the same time, nintendo was releasing the black wii and the classic controller pro. and so in order to make a huge bank, monster hunter 3 was bundled with the new black wiis and classic controller pros.

as for EA's situation, i suggest they release some kind of AAA title that uses motion+ so they can have some of that "partnership" with nintendo. they did it with superslam tennis and the recent tiger woods game. oh yeah, and best of all, make it public.
this. and EA, try makin a AAA quality game that isn't a genre thats pretty much askin to fail like oh i don't know...A FREAKIN ON-RAILS SHOOTER THATS $50. make a AAA game that isn't a sports game, that pushes the wii graphically, with well put together controls and strong gameplay, LOTS of replay value, and worldwide advertisment...then watch it sell VERY well.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:06 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
RollingSilver wrote:

this. and EA, try makin a AAA quality game that isn't a genre thats pretty much askin to fail like oh i don't know...A FREAKIN ON-RAILS SHOOTER THATS $50. make a AAA game that isn't a sports game, that pushes the wii graphically, with well put together controls and strong gameplay, LOTS of replay value, and worldwide advertisment...then watch it sell VERY well.

It isn't as if rail shooter genre is disliked. It is trying to jump ship from one genre to another that makes a problem. The same reason why they don't make Zelda Kart or something like that. It doesn't fit well.

Godwind
NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top