Reggie disappointed that games like Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed aren’t on Wii

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reggie disappointed that games like Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed aren’t on Wii

Post by sikokiller on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:32 pm

i found this on Nintendo Everything, Reggie is such a legend, i love this guy lol ... but i don't know why Reggie would care considering they sold more Units and software then anyone lol, well atleast that tells us that he cares about their gamers like me and that what puts a smile on my face Smile

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=27901

heres what the Article says:
“I’m extremely disappointed. I’ve had this conversation with every publisher who makes content that is not available on my platform. The conversation goes like this: ‘We have a 22-million unit installed base. We have a very diverse audience… We have active gamers that hunger for this type of content. And why isn’t it available?’ I think for those games [Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2], typically decisions are being made two years prior. And so the decisions two years ago were that those types of games would not be effective on the platform. But we’ve shown that that’s just not the case. High-quality, effectively marketed against our installed base will sell, period end of story.” – Reggie Fils-Aime

“The fundamental issue in the logic flow is that — and this is what I’m hearing, whether it’s from you or Geoff or Michael himself — is that, gosh it’s such an opportunity to take HD capability and link it with the Wii. And what we have said, repeatedly, is that that’s not the way we at Nintendo do things. The way we at Nintendo do things is, you know, when we will move to a new generation, it’s because there are some fundamental things the [current] console cannot do. What that says is that simply the addition of HD capability will not be the next step for us. There will be more to it. There will be additional capability. There will be additional elements, and, given that, it is far into the future. Not to announce [a new Wii for 2010] with you here today.” – Reggie Fils-Aime

When Nintendo’s next console is unveiled, I don’t expect HD graphics to be the focal point. Like the Wii, I’m sure the company has something else in store that will be much more significant. With that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if something like a Wii HD was announced – Just look what Nintendo is doing with the DSi!
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reggie disappointed that games like Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed aren’t on Wii

Post by Static man2 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:47 pm

im glad reaggie cares enough for us. also with the money they have made of the wii the R&D must have tons of money for something really cool.

NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reggie disappointed that games like Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed aren’t on Wii

Post by Godwind on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Static man2 wrote:im glad reaggie cares enough for us. also with the money they have made of the wii the R&D must have tons of money for something really cool.

It has little to do with that. Keep in mind the dominating console generally had a 60% hold of the market. The Wii does not have this. It is holding less than 50% with the other half cut up between Microsoft and Sony. Having similar software available would dwindle the issue, in this case, Call of Duty and Assassins Creed.

Godwind
NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:43 am

Love reggie hes accually so awsome and he could be some one to turn around the lack of "hardcore" games
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:See, this is what I meant. Developers are making excuses to Nintendo so that they won't sell their "prized possesions" on a console that's selling at the highest rate. They do this for a desperate attempt for Nintendo to make an HD console when Nintendo doesn't do that kind of stuff because they aren't money-hungry like lazy 3rd parties. If they were to release an HD console right now, it would ruin their whole purpose of what the Wii is really about which is introducing gaming to people who haven't played games before. Hence why I call games like Assassin's Creed and Bioshock "missed opportunity" games.
not to mention the fact that these games are able to be done on the wii. besides these there are other missed opportunity games that coulda been on the wii such as lost planet, brutal legend, dead space, RE5, and quite a few others that were MORE than possible to make on the wii when they were released. but instead the lazy and stupid/stubborn devs just plain CHOSE not to do it, the wii's hardware had nothin to do with it, which is proven time and again with stuff like CoDR, and the new AC commin for psp of all systems, and factor 5's article about the wii's true hardware capabilities(which were recorded at launch by people who obviously didn't know WHAT THE HELL they were lookin at). also these games woulda been superior to the other versions gameplay wise, instead the devs just chose to miss out on makin these games and instead gave wii only owners the finger.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Static man2 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:50 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Jaques7Chef wrote:See, this is what I meant. Developers are making excuses to Nintendo so that they won't sell their "prized possesions" on a console that's selling at the highest rate. They do this for a desperate attempt for Nintendo to make an HD console when Nintendo doesn't do that kind of stuff because they aren't money-hungry like lazy 3rd parties. If they were to release an HD console right now, it would ruin their whole purpose of what the Wii is really about which is introducing gaming to people who haven't played games before. Hence why I call games like Assassin's Creed and Bioshock "missed opportunity" games.
not to mention the fact that these games are able to be done on the wii. besides these there are other missed opportunity games that coulda been on the wii such as lost planet, brutal legend, dead space, RE5, and quite a few others that were MORE than possible to make on the wii when they were released. but instead the lazy and stupid/stubborn devs just plain CHOSE not to do it, the wii's hardware had nothin to do with it, which is proven time and again with stuff like CoDR, and the new AC commin for psp of all systems, and factor 5's article about the wii's true hardware capabilities(which were recorded at launch by people who obviously didn't know WHAT THE HELL they were lookin at). also these games woulda been superior to the other versions gameplay wise, instead the devs just chose to miss out on makin these games and instead gave wii only owners the finger.

preach it brother!! damn lazy devs

NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:34 am

i know how you feel, according to this article the regginator feels down because hes thinking wheres the fuck is the hardcore support?, he aint thinking fuck support we have money, hes thinking of the hardcore and that what makes me happy and i will stick with nintendo until the day i die.. you can join me if ya want lol
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:36 am

Dam right
nintendorocks
NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FALFOLAWN on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:45 pm

i dont have a wii yet, im planning on getting one for christmas. I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360, so i think it will complete the collection. plz share the benifits the wii brings to the table too solidify me getting one.

thank you Laughing
FALFOLAWN
GameBoy
GameBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Screw the ru---err support I have money. Sorry had to. Wii has awesome games, good downloadable games and it's online isn't half bad either.

FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 pm

FALFOLAWN wrote:i dont have a wii yet, im planning on getting one for christmas. I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360, so i think it will complete the collection. plz share the benifits the wii brings to the table too solidify me getting one.

thank you Laughing

kudos for trying to own all three consoles this gen. this is the kind of attitude i want to see in current-gen gamers - to seek the benefits of each system instead of jumping the bandwagon and blowing fanboyism out of proportion. seriously, the console hate this gen is unbelievable

as for reggie's concern with the third party support, i think developers just want to make more excuses to not make any wii games.

infinity ward says that the wii can't deliver their desired "cinematic" experience. pfft, rule of thirds photography equals cinematic. the wii can even do mo-cap Shocked i know infinity ward, it must be blasphemy!

the developer for heavy rain says he wants to make "art," not toys. Rolling Eyes your games are only focused on storytelling and human emotion. since when did emotional storytelling have a graphics capacity? take a look at fragile and tell me that it's not artistic storytelling.

another developer said that the wii was an f'ing genesis. scratch the stupidity confuses me

screw these people, we don't need them making games on the wii
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:05 pm

RollingSilver wrote:
FALFOLAWN wrote:i dont have a wii yet, im planning on getting one for christmas. I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360, so i think it will complete the collection. plz share the benifits the wii brings to the table too solidify me getting one.

thank you Laughing

kudos for trying to own all three consoles this gen. this is the kind of attitude i want to see in current-gen gamers - to seek the benefits of each system instead of jumping the bandwagon and blowing fanboyism out of proportion. seriously, the console hate this gen is unbelievable

as for reggie's concern with the third party support, i think developers just want to make more excuses to not make any wii games.

infinity ward says that the wii can't deliver their desired "cinematic" experience. pfft, rule of thirds photography equals cinematic. the wii can even do mo-cap Shocked i know infinity ward, it must be blasphemy!

the developer for heavy rain says he wants to make "art," not toys. Rolling Eyes your games are only focused on storytelling and human emotion. since when did emotional storytelling have a graphics capacity? take a look at fragile and tell me that it's not artistic storytelling.

another developer said that the wii was an f'ing genesis. scratch the stupidity confuses me

screw these people, we don't need them making games on the wii
now THIS is the kinda stuff these so called game developers need to read. i've sayin stuff like this for a while...keep on lettin it out dude...SPEAK THE TRUTH!!!

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:57 pm

thank you Laughing

- Backwards compatibility
There are some awesome Gamecube games, and really cheap at this point. As we speak, I am expanding my list more and more. I would suggest taking a gander at Metacritic for a general idea.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/cube/scores/

-Virtual Console
While it does feel a little overpriced, there are some really good classics on Virtual Console. In fact Super Mario Bros 3 made its way onto the Virtual Console, one of the best games ever.

-Unique games
One of the nice advantages of the Wii is the unqiue list of games. Compare a PS3 and Xbox360 list and you can tell they are relatively the same platform. If not, each platform has something to compete with it.

-Multiple Controls
A lot of games will support multiple schemes to provide a unique experience. Whether it be the The Gamecube Control, Classic Controller or Motion Controls.

Godwind
NES
NES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:14 pm

if the next nintendo console dosnt meant the standards for graphics on the new playstation or x box you can expect to see 3 rd parties doing this again even if the wii2 can acheive better graphics then a 360 and ps3 the new wii 2 will have bad graphics according to developers so it wont get attention also the new consoles by sony and microsoft will probably adopt a wii mote like controller -_- claming to be better in everyway
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:00 pm

Jade789119 wrote:if the next nintendo console dosnt meant the standards for graphics on the new playstation or x box you can expect to see 3 rd parties doing this again even if the wii2 can acheive better graphics then a 360 and ps3 the new wii 2 will have bad graphics according to developers so it wont get attention also the new consoles by sony and microsoft will probably adopt a wii mote like controller -_- claming to be better in everyway
No new consoles are coming anytime soon, Sony and Microsoft both said they was gonna make their consoles last 10 years, and Nintendo said they wasn't gonna release a new console.

FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:04 pm

So we'll wait till 2016 to get the new consoles?
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

View user profile http://youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:14 pm

SpaniardGamer wrote:So we'll wait till 2016 to get the new consoles?
Around 2016-2020. Give or take.

FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:40 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.......F***!!!!

AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:49 pm

AxelDemon wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.......F***!!!!
What?

FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:18 am

I dont want to wait till 2016 or 2020

AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:03 am

AxelDemon wrote:I dont want to wait till 2016 or 2020
Why? We don't need consoles anytime soon. >.>

FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NextGen247 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:22 am

Nintendo is stupid they focus more toward the casual audience then the so called "hardcore" audience
NextGen247
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:09 pm

NextGen247 wrote:Nintendo is stupid they focus more toward the casual audience then the so called "hardcore" audience

Now, they said they were trying to reach out to the people who don't play games cause they said that not many people play games that much so they're trying to make those people get into games. They are reaching to a BROADER demographic then the PS3 and 360.
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

View user profile http://youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Nintendo is SAVING the gaming industry AGAIN. Alot of people can't see that. How can we ensure that there will be gamers next gen or the gen after that if all games are just CoD and similar? We can't, unless we get kids into gaming, then when they're older they'll be buying video games.

Really, Nintendo is the BEST gaming business, they are the ONLY ones to have been able to save the industry, and they did it twice.

GameCube
GameCube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:02 pm

new consolesgotta wait for the technology and nintendo will either release second or third i know microsoft will go first again lol
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top